Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do I 'bring' someone into a relationship? watch

Serious responses please. What do I do to bring an acquaintance into a bf/gf relationship?

ReputationRep:
    As in... For a threesome?

Need a bit more explanation than vague indication.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean like you are friends now and you want her/him to be your Bf/gf?

(Original post by Nezer)
    Do you mean like you are friends now and you want her/him to be your Bf/gf?
    Yes. Have been friends for a while now...

just ask her/him to be your gf/bf

ReputationRep:
    I think there is some confusion. Are you already in a relationship and want to add another person, or are you single and want to create a relationship?

ReputationRep:
    I assume you ask them I wish your idea of bring someone into a 'relationship' isn't a hit over the head and into the van.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes. Have been friends for a while now...
    If you`re a guy I honestly dont think there is any other way to do it then to tell her what you want or to do something romantic..If you have a hard time being straight forward, there is one more way, but you both need to be drunk, people express themselves alot easier when they`re wasted out of their mind :P

ReputationRep:
    Since you're having a difficult time progressing the relationship with him/her, there will come a point where you find that if you don't be a little more direct and clear about your feelings, you won't be getting anywhere. That's when you'll be more willing to step outside your shell.

Perhaps tell him/her that they mean more to you than just a friend and see where the conversation leads to. There might be a chance of being disappointed, but at least you tried and know whether he/she feels the same way. But that risk is well worth it considering the chance you might both end up being happier than before.

Be careful not to spoil the friendship though if it doesn't work out as something more.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    So... are you going for polyamory or what, you're being waaaay too vague.

ReputationRep:
    Chloroform.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it

ReputationRep:
    Kidnap them, its the new way forward.

(Original post by ponpon14)
    I think there is some confusion. Are you already in a relationship and want to add another person, or are you single and want to create a relationship?
    Yeah I just want to create a relationship with a long time friend is all.

Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously who finds chloroform and kidnap jokes funny anymore? They can be, but most of the time they're just plain crap and unimaginative.

Anyway in reply to OP... the best thing would probably just be to ask them out on a date.

ReputationRep:
    You could always blackmail them, but I don't think that that would lead to a long-term healthy relationship IMHO. You don't want 'love the way you lie' to be 'your' song, people may find it odd.

Time, patience and carrying on with life in general is probably the way forward tbh. You could make some subtle hints, but other than that just let things takes its natural course...you don't want to end up in a unilateral relationship. Forget da cheese, don't be a desparate sleeze FTW

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.