Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Uni funding reported by BBC.
    All the big shots are not losing that much to be honest, however, its the losers which surprises me especially City University London

What do you guys think ?

To be honest I can see where its coming from.

After all what with the annual fees going up and the government no longer subsidizing students to such a large degree, why should they continue paying universities money?

The universities are getting more money in, the government can start fixing itself the hell up and hopefully sort itself out, i don't see why its a problem to be honest.

My university screwed me out of enough money when i was there (back next year so will keep doing it I suppose) and I didn't see what use it was put to - except for a projection machine that projected a pond onto the library floor...

And when you walked on it the fish scattered.

I believe it cost in the region of a hundred thousand pounds? And how have we benefited from that?!

(Little rant over, sorry!)

But basically, universities will be getting more funding from the actual students so I don't see why they should have a right to complain about needing money from the government as well.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.