Turn on thread page Beta

England's universities face funding cuts of 12% watch

ReputationRep:
    Uni funding reported by BBC.
    All the big shots are not losing that much to be honest, however, its the losers which surprises me especially City University London

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12762556

What do you guys think ?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I can see where its coming from.

After all what with the annual fees going up and the government no longer subsidizing students to such a large degree, why should they continue paying universities money?

The universities are getting more money in, the government can start fixing itself the hell up and hopefully sort itself out, i don't see why its a problem to be honest.

My university screwed me out of enough money when i was there (back next year so will keep doing it I suppose) and I didn't see what use it was put to - except for a projection machine that projected a pond onto the library floor...

And when you walked on it the fish scattered.

I believe it cost in the region of a hundred thousand pounds? And how have we benefited from that?!

(Little rant over, sorry!)

But basically, universities will be getting more funding from the actual students so I don't see why they should have a right to complain about needing money from the government as well.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.