Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 years old and have a fairly good relationship with my mum. She tells me stuff but I find it so scared to tell her my feelings and what goes on in my life. My mother is one of them 'doesn't think she is' judgemental people, she likes to criticise everything I do and that nothing I do is good enough for her. She thinks that i'm still that little girl when I was 5 and choosing to believe that I haven't grown up yet. I don't know why but I'm always scared to tell her something, making me lie to her but she gives me no option.
    I'm PREGNANT and have no idea on how to tell her, her first thought will be 'what will people say?' and 'how could you do this to me' but hey I'm in the last year of uni, have a fiance who I'm getting married to in june, hold a p/t job, drive and have my own place so what more could she want right? if only it was that simple, but if you have any ideas on what I could do or say that would be appreciated.

thanks
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Deal with it somehow...or you might end up like Natalie Portman in Black Swan...

ReputationRep:
    'Pwincess'? I can see where your Mum's coming from....

ReputationRep:
    Maybe its just hard for her to let go of her precious daughter, and as for your pregnancy, you might as well as break the news to her sooner rather than later and im sure if you really are responsible and level headed as you appear to be then she will more than happy, plus you will need your mother through your pregnancy as us guys dont quite cut it when the hormones start playing up lol

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her. If she goes mental, then leave her alone for a bit to allow her to get over the shock of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pwincess_sabie)
    I'm PREGNANT and have no idea on how to tell her, her first thought will be 'what will people say?' and 'how could you do this to me' but hey I'm in the last year of uni, have a fiance who I'm getting married to in june, hold a p/t job, drive and have my own place so what more could she want right? if only it was that simple, but if you have any ideas on what I could do or say that would be appreciated.
    Then why does it matter what your mum thinks? Go have your babby and get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pwincess_sabie)
    I'm 22 years old and have a fairly good relationship with my mum. She tells me stuff but I find it so scared to tell her my feelings and what goes on in my life. My mother is one of them 'doesn't think she is' judgemental people, she likes to criticise everything I do and that nothing I do is good enough for her. She thinks that i'm still that little girl when I was 5 and choosing to believe that I haven't grown up yet. I don't know why but I'm always scared to tell her something, making me lie to her but she gives me no option.

thanks
    xx
    Tell her you are pregnant and then she'll listen, if you'll pardon the pun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    'Pwincess'? I can see where your Mum's coming from....
    come on cut her some slack she joined 2 years ago

ReputationRep:
    leave a message on her answering machine

then don't respond to phone calls for a week

ReputationRep:
    Tell here she'll be a grandmother. That'll put her right out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.