Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nothing good will come to a first world country by turning it into the one on the right.

ReputationRep:
    You're either a troll or a complete idiot.

ReputationRep:
    White civilisation

Black civilisation

We are so "advanced" only because we stole everything they had and used them as free labour.

Or maybe I should not have used past sentence, we are still doing it.....

ReputationRep:
    Lucky we don't have you as the prime minister.

extremes are never good. no immigration=bad. too much immigration=also bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N.A.T.O)
    White civilisation

Black civilisation

I'm not gonna lie, but the black civilisation looks morefun.

:danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    Immigration in moderation is the best thing that could happen to a country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cybergrad)
    We are so "advanced" only because we stole everything they had and used them as free labour.
    Erm no, we are advanced due to the renaissance, the industrial revolution etc. The holy empire of rome 2000 years ago was more advanced than Africa was 100 years ago.

And what exactly are we supposed to have stolen ? The reason for colonialism in Africa was to secure trade routes to the far east and India.

Did what were we supposed to have stolen ? All their fruit and veg ? :confused:

Ireland was colonised for many centuries longer than Africa, and now look at Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Yawn..................

ReputationRep:
    This thread...

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    You've backed up your case with a very compelling argument.

ReputationRep:
    Erm no, we are advanced due to the renaissance, the industrial revolution etc. The holy empire of rome 2000 years ago was more advanced than Africa was 100 years ago.

And what exactly are we supposed to have stolen ? The reason for colonialism in Africa was to secure trade routes to the far east and India.

Ireland was colonised for many centuries longer than Africa, and now look at Ireland.
    Precious metals. Africa was once very rich in them. They still have quite a lot of resources but the poor have no access to them themselves and often are forced to mine for international companies.

Without a fairer distribution of wealth (as in the west) and a tighter control on dictatorships that want to keep the poor, poor, there will be little access to education and the poor are kept poor and uneducated.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I think you've confused immigration and black people.

You seem to be fine with Italians and "white civilisation" so I shall assume you're just a common racist troll.

ReputationRep:
    Pics made me giggle but that's all this should be taken as folks.. a joke (albeit one in fairly poor taste)

(Original post by happy-pink-gecko)
    extremes are never good. no immigration=bad. too much immigration=also bad
    Indeed, question is where you draw the line though, difficult to reach consensus on: asylum seekers, non-European economic migrants, European economic migrants, returning ex-pats/descendants.. :confused:

Erm no, we are advanced due to the renaissance, the industrial revolution etc
    Hate to break up the party but the later part of the industrial revolution e.g. post early modern era, was to a certain extent fueled by globalisation. Prosperity and correlated development definitely benefitted from raw materials, factor price efficiency gains and emerging markets enabled through slavery, subjugation and exploitation in/of foreign lands and peoples, among other things :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Precious metals. Africa was once very rich in them. They still have quite a lot of resources but the poor have no access to them themselves and often are forced to mine for international companies.

Without a fairer distribution of wealth (as in the west) and a tighter control on dictatorships that want to keep the poor, poor, there will be little access to education and the poor are kept poor and uneducated.
    I see so we stole all their precious metals. :rolleyes:

And we are not responsible for wealth distribution in Africa, Africans are responsible for wealth distribution :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Wow. Somebody needs to do some more research.

Ancient Egypt ring any bells? Where was that? Ah , yes Africa.

I think you'll find that the general consensus is that Egypt was seen as the most 'advanced' ancient society.

Go and read some books before you embarrass yourself further.

ReputationRep:

Ancient Rome =/= Holy Roman Empire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Hate to break up the party but the later part of the industrial revolution e.g. post early modern era, was to a certain extent fueled by globalisation. Prosperity and correlated development definitely benefitted from raw materials, factor price efficiency gains and emerging markets enabled through slavery, subjugation and exploitation in/of foreign lands and peoples, among other things :rolleyes:
    The industrial revolution would have happened with our without colonialism in African and India

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaidBaqq)
    Wow. Somebody needs to do some more research.

Ancient Egypt ring any bells? Where was that? Ah , yes Africa.

I think you'll find that the general consensus is that Egypt was seen as the most 'advanced' ancient society.

Go and read some books before you embarrass yourself further.
    I am refering to sub saharan Africa.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.