Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh993)
    pft WE are the true Sikh warriors - if we had more people like him we would've all been converted into Muslims so don't you dare even go there son

be under no impression he is a "hero".

he's the bigest coward of all "james". He's allying with a far right, RACIST organisation because he doesn't want to suffer the racial abuse the every-day sikh would face if not a member of the EDL

remember, the EDL is comprised of brain-dead bigots who couldn't tell a melon from an apricot let alone a sikh from a muslim

there is plenty of pictures around of EDL members abusing sikhs...one of a thug abusing an elderly Sikh man in dudley

you're just uneducated and, if you'll excuse me, an example of the common muck that the EDL attracts
    youre really not getting it mate.! type edl into facebook (the page which has 80,000 members), Like it, and have a scroll down of some of the comments and what youll see is mostly working class men and women, white, black, hindu, sikh, jewish and even a muslim member!

you will also see the odd racist/muslimophobe get told hes an idiot. youll see many comments and web links praising and sympathising with sikhs and jews - alot less racist than the UAF.

you dont know edl members personallly so dont judge .

ReputationRep:
    Terrorism is DIRECTLY caused by the West. There would be no terrorists hating on the west, if they didn't kill millions of their people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxiKillxXx)
    Terrorism is DIRECTLY caused by the West. There would be no terrorists hating on the west, if they didn't kill millions of their people.
    you mean the west are to blame for the recent bombing of a Coptic Christian church in Egypt?

or the hundreds of suicide bombings in Pakistan since its creation

or the Mumbai terror attacks or Chechnyan suicide bombings in Russia

or shia/sunni suicide bombings against eachother in Iraq?

ReputationRep:
    w/e - you're nothing more than a moron

I saw your quote on the EDL page...yes one of the leaders if from a "sikh" background; but let me assure you: he's not a real sikh. i'd say the vast vast vast majority of us condemn racist organisations like the EDL

so, take your bigoted views elsewhere mate. I don't have time for it.
    I'd say your right judging by what I have posted below. It makes me a little ashamed that I don't do more tbh.

This comes as a great blow to the English Defence League (EDL) as they had claimed that they are getting support from many Sikhs. The demonstration by ‘Sikhs Against the EDL’ shows otherwise.

The Sikh protesters shouted slogans against Guramit Singh, one of the self-styled EDL leaders from Sikh background and called him a traitor. They claimed that he had brought shame to the Sikh community.

Varinder Singh spoke on behalf of the Sikh delegation and pointed out that the Sikh community has a proud tradition of fighting Fascism in the Second World War. He asked, “Given our proud history, how can Sikhs not oppose the racism and Fascism espoused by the EDL?”
    Source
    And of course the British Sikh Council and Gurdwaras up and down the country have signed a joint statement condeming the EDL.

The statement has already been signed by major Sikh and Hindu organisations in this country. Nearly all the Gurdwaras (Sikh temples) and Mandirs (Hindu temples) in West London and East London are also the signatories and more recently six Gurdwaras in Birmingham have also added their names to the statement, including Guru Nanak Nishkam Sevak Jatha, one of the largest Gurwaras in Birmingham
    Source
    It's good to see the old tactic of 'divide and rule' won't work again. Goramit also tried to justify his new friends using the word 'rag-head' a little while back :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    oh yea agreed - maybe the 1/2 sober members at home...i.e. the arm-chair supporters

The vast majority of EDL supporters are drunken hooligans simply spurring out racial hatred....don't even go there sir. You telling me that these lot think Sikhs wear turbans not muslims? You telling me these are educated folk who know of religious difference?

http://tinyurl.com/5v8qfqt

for a prospective medical student you really should know better.
    sorry, I honestly don't understand this post :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Well done, you have managed to misuse statistics like Hitler misused Darwin. The difference in intelligence/crime rate/economic output is across countries and regions, and has more to do with economic differences than racial ones even within countries. There is absolutely no causal link that has been established and proven between race and crime rate/intelligence/economic contributions, all there is is a bunch of wannabe racists looking at correlations, disregarding all socio-economic variations and going "oh, he's a convict, must be because he's black", all because that is the only thing they think people are defined by.
    1. There is a robust relationship between cognitive ability and socio-economic & macro-economic outcomes. That applies for individuals, and when aggregated, for countries. See papers by Jones & Schneider, & Rindermann below.

http://mason.gmu.edu/~gjonesb/Immigrant%20IQ

http://www.iratde.org/issues/1-2009/...mann_et_al.pdf

2. Longitudinal studies show stronger effects of cognitive ability on wealth than of wealth on intelligence. The longitudinal results offer strong support for the human capital theory (Hunt): ‘Consider Japan and South Korea. In less than half a century both countries rose from the devastation of war to become two of the most prosperous countries on the globe, virtually entirely on the ingenuity of their people, for neither country is rich in natural resources’. With all due modesty, the two Germanies and other countries of Europe destroyed in the Second World War or Singapore and Taiwan could be examples too. In historical economic research the comparison between Ghana and South Korea is often used as an example (see Landes, 1998).

Rindrmann, 2007. The g-Factor of International Cognitive Ability Comparisons: The Homogeneity of Results in PISA, TIMSS, PIRLS and IQ-Tests Across Nations: Author’s Response:
    http://www-classic.uni-graz.at/pslgc...7EJPAntwHR.pdf

3. The point isn't that race per se causes these differences, but that traits are distributed differently. The moment you introduce a barrier to breeding (environment/class/distance/social segmentation) and variation in sexual selection, you’re going to get inter-group differences. This doesn’t mean that Trait A disappears from one group. Its statistical distribution shifts.

http://infoproc.blogspot.com/2007/01...nomes-and.html

ReputationRep:
    I agree completely. The only problem facing Britain today are black people. What have the black people conributed to this country other than benefit scrounging, crimes and introducing their inferior cultures in hip hop and tribal dances which are slowly eroding away british values and traditions. I too agree that immigration needs to stop NOW! Before we become a minority in our own motherland and get governed by inferior people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi019)
    1. There is a robust relationship between cognitive ability and socio-economic & macro-economic outcomes. That applies for individuals, and when aggregated, for countries. See papers by Jones & Schneider, & Rindermann below.

http://mason.gmu.edu/~gjonesb/Immigrant%20IQ

http://www.iratde.org/issues/1-2009/...mann_et_al.pdf
    Both papers presume that a true measure of cognitive ability actually exists. They also use school grades to measure this "ability"(as if these are uniform measures worldwide), completely disregrading the differences in infrastructure and social conditions that would influence these grades and literacy rates.
    2. Longitudinal studies show stronger effects of cognitive ability on wealth than of wealth on intelligence. The longitudinal results offer strong support for the human capital theory (Hunt): ‘Consider Japan and South Korea. In less than half a century both countries rose from the devastation of war to become two of the most prosperous countries on the globe, virtually entirely on the ingenuity of their people, for neither country is rich in natural resources’. With all due modesty, the two Germanies and other countries of Europe destroyed in the Second World War or Singapore and Taiwan could be examples too. In historical economic research the comparison between Ghana and South Korea is often used as an example (see Landes, 1998).

Rindrmann, 2007. The g-Factor of International Cognitive Ability Comparisons: The Homogeneity of Results in PISA, TIMSS, PIRLS and IQ-Tests Across Nations: Author’s Response:
    http://www-classic.uni-graz.at/pslgc...7EJPAntwHR.pdf
    Makes the same mistakes as previous papers. Also ignores the fact that Japan had a very rich upper class(zaibitsu) with resources at the disposal of the Japanese MITI, the differences in political stability in the surrounding region and the American aid in international relations that helped Japan achieve its post war miracle.
    3. The point isn't that race per se causes these differences, but that traits are distributed differently. The moment you introduce a barrier to breeding (environment/class/distance/social segmentation) and variation in sexual selection, you’re going to get inter-group differences. This doesn’t mean that Trait A disappears from one group. Its statistical distribution shifts.

http://infoproc.blogspot.com/2007/01...nomes-and.html
    [/QUOTE]

None of the traits you mention(cognitive ability) are even measurable, all we are aware of are genetic differences, not the complete affect these differences have on traits. Wannabe racists like the author of this paper just presume that genetic differences are to do with intelligence(a measure they can't even provide a standardized definition for!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool story bro)
    I agree completely. The only problem facing Britain today are black people. What have the black people conributed to this country other than benefit scrounging, crimes and introducing their inferior cultures in hip hop and tribal dances which are slowly eroding away british values and traditions. I too agree that immigration needs to stop NOW! Before we become a minority in our own motherland and get governed by inferior people.
    What have you contributed to this country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acerbic)
    Alternatively, free movement of labour would reduce some of the largest global inequalities that currently exist.
    I agree with this (that free immigration will reduce inequality greatly). But open borders ain't like charity. I, as an employer, need to employ labour. Someone else, as a producer, needs to sell her final product. Still someone else, as a landlord, needs to rent her property. What open borders will mean is that if these people want to employ, sell stuff and rent to an immigrant, nobody will interfere. If people don't think we have any positive obligation to help the non-EU poor, that's fine. That's not what immigration is. Free immigration means non-interference.

Also, the well-known "problems" (and I put "" cos I don't think they really are problems) with welfare can be done away with. Simple make it impossible for first generation immigrants to receive benefits. Or charge an entry fee or some sort of tax. But there's no excuse to prevent people, who want to employ immigrants, who want to sell stuff to them and who want to rent property to them, from doing so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    you mean the west are to blame for the recent bombing of a Coptic Christian church in Egypt?

or the hundreds of suicide bombings in Pakistan since its creation

or the Mumbai terror attacks or Chechnyan suicide bombings in Russia

or shia/sunni suicide bombings against eachother in Iraq?
    If you look back about 50 years, there was no violence amongst Muslim/Christian communities, ever since the west got involved in other mans business, there has been bloodshed in the region. The mumbai terror attacks? Look up the Mossad connection, and the Chechnyan suicide bombings? Not saying its a good thing, but they are doing that as a RESPONSE to the invasion of Russia into their homeland. If you saw your family being killed by a other country (eg Germany) wouldn't you defend yourself? Nonetheless, I know some of their methods are cruel, but war brings the worst outta people

No immigration = little cheap labour= less profit= less money overall

(Original post by amsie/)
    wtf? Are you actually serious? Scratch that, are you actually retarded :stupid:
    Omg wow when I read that I said the same thing!

ReputationRep:
    If British people want the choice of living elsewhere in the world such as emmigrating to France or Australia or America, isn't it only fair that we allow people in too?

(Original post by noobynoo)
    If British people want the choice of living elsewhere in the world such as emmigrating to France or Australia or America, isn't it only fair that we allow people in too?
    With good comments like those, i'm surprised you have a red gem :gah:

ReputationRep:
    yeah.........................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    sorry, I honestly don't understand this post :/
    Well then you really shouldn't be on this forum trying to clever...

you originally posted that you "wouldn't be surprised if EDL members could tell the difference between a Muslim and a Sikh"

I made the point that the majority of EDL protesters are drunken hooligans who, upon seeing a turbaned Sikh, would probably shout [email protected] and abuse them as per my picture

try thinking for a change eh "organ"?

ReputationRep:
    Well then you really shouldn't be on this forum trying to clever...

you originally posted that you "wouldn't be surprised if EDL members could tell the difference between a Muslim and a Sikh"

I made the point that the majority of EDL protesters are drunken hooligans who, upon seeing a turbaned Sikh, would probably shout [email protected] and abuse them as per my picture

try thinking for a change eh "organ"?
    I don't really understand why you are being so aggresive! If you re-read what I wrote I was actually agreeing with you and simply stated that I imagine members of the EDL would be too stupid to appreciate the differences between the Sikh and Muslim faiths. I don't really understand what you even thought I said, maybe you should try thinking for a change?

edit: you seem to have read my orginal post incorrectly I said 'I would be surprised if they were aware of a difference between the two.' For some reason you appear to have thought I said the opposite to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    I don't really understand why you are being so aggresive! If you re-read what I wrote I was actually agreeing with you and simply stated that I imagine members of the EDL would be too stupid to appreciate the differences between the Sikh and Muslim faiths. I don't really understand what you even thought I said, maybe you should try thinking for a change?

edit: you seem to have read my orginal post incorrectly I said 'I would be surprised if they were aware of a difference between the two.' For some reason you appear to have thought I said the opposite to that.
    in which case my bad...yea i read your post as "i wouldn't be surprised if..."

sorry sir

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.