Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have a little bit of a problem, i got dumped by my bf just over a week ago, i took it quite good - the thing is he says he loves me but can't be with me. He said he wants me to turn into the 'old me' but i can't i've grown since that person, just wanna know what should i do - try and get back with him or cut him off for good??

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Cut him off- clearly he doesn't like you since you've changed, and you've simply grown apart. Find someone else who likes you as you are now.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone changes with time and events, the qualities he may have fell in love with might have evolved and altered but surely, the person he adored is the same? Even if you are not, he should respect that you have grown up and love you for who you are now and for who you might be in the future. If he can't then he isn't worth making the effort for.

ReputationRep:
    Don't try to be something you're not, or no longer are, just to fit in with him. If he loved you for you he would understand that you've grown up and changed as a person, if he can't accept that than you need to move on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    The title is totally misleading.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose at least he's being honest and saying that you've changed - basically you've grown out of each other, which isn't an offensive thing to have said to you. Take it as a compliment - you've grown up but he's not.

Most importantly, move on. Never try to get someone back who's dumped you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    I suppose at least he's being honest and saying that you've changed - basically you've grown out of each other, which isn't an offensive thing to have said to you. Take it as a compliment - you've grown up but he's not.

Most importantly, move on. Never try to get someone back who's dumped you.
    :facepalm2:

Every circumstance is different. So telling someone to never try and get someone back is pretty stupid.

Take a trip to the moon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse)
    :facepalm2:

Every circumstance is different. So telling someone to never try and get someone back is pretty stupid.
    I wholeheartedly disagree - if someone tells you they don't want to be with, and you try to get them back, you're basically throwing all dignity and self-respect out the window and wasting your time anyway.

There will be exceptions, but as a general rule don't waste your time...

ReputationRep:
    Cut him off

Worse excuse in the book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    I wholeheartedly disagree - if someone tells you they don't want to be with, and you try to get them back, you're basically throwing all dignity and self-respect out the window and wasting your time anyway.

There will be exceptions, but as a general rule don't waste your time...
    Again, it depends on the circumstance and it is by no means a general rule.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.