Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how to make myself stand out to get job watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to get a retail job but I haven't found one yet. Is there a way to make myself stand out at interviews or even when talking to the shop assistants? I feel when I talk to them they dont really care and give me weird looks. lol how can i make them take in my cv??? help please x

ReputationRep:
    Strap a horn to your head and role-play a unicorn.

ReputationRep:
    Take an interest in the business. Do a bit of research about the job before you go for an interview so if they ask you "What do you know about our company" you can give a good answer

Make sure that you are polite and have all distractions away from you. Turn your phone off and if you are someone that gets nervous, keep your hands under a table or behind your back so you dont show that you are nervous

Be on time. If you are late to an interview they will presume that you would be late to work

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.