Turn on thread page Beta

Does Anyone Here Hate Patriotic People With A Passion?? watch

• View Poll Results: Do You Hate Patriotic People?
    Yes absolutely
    36.84%
    Sort of
    13.16%
    patriotism is ok sometimes
    21.05%
    Hell No I am proudly patriotic
    28.95%

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here severly dislike patriotic people?

I am very against the nation state model. I'm very supportive of the one world government, with no countries or religions. As far as I am concerned, there will be no countries or "skin colours" in this world in a century or so. We're heading for beige world.

For that reason, I can't stand patriotic people, I fully support banning the union jack in public places. Patriotism divides the human race unecessarily and more importantly of course its all made up.

It makes my blood boil evertime I watch this nation act when we are involved in a football tournament. Patriotism is so backward I wonder what all these people will be like to know that no countries will exist a in century because of the all globalisation, thats the way the world is heading. The red flag will be flying everywhere by then you and nationalistic so called "english" people better get used to it.

Patriotism is purely sickening for me I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    I'm very supportive of the one world government, with no countries or religions. As far as I am concerned, there will be no countries or "skin colours" in this world in a century or so. We're heading for beige world.

The red flag will be flying everywhere by then you and nationalistic so called "english" people better get used to it.
    ...so do you believe in the NWO or are you a Communist? Make up your mind.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a new world order to me.

I don't hate patriotic people. I do, however, have a dislike for radical, misinformed people and those who preach about how great their country is, but refuse to acknowledge that all government systems are flawed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    The red flag will be flying everywhere by then you and nationalistic so called "english" people better get used to it.

So you're not English then?

You're in England. English people are the majority. And they have a right to fly their flags. Deal with it, or leave.

ReputationRep:
    No but I absolutely abhor alliteration.

ReputationRep:
    Engerland Engerland Engerland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)

I am very against the nation state model. I'm very supportive of the one world government, with no countries or religions. As far as I am concerned, there will be no countries or "skin colours" in this world in a century or so. We're heading for beige world.

For that reason, I can't stand patriotic people, I fully support banning the union jack in public places. Patriotism divides the human race unecessarily and more importantly of course its all made up.

It makes my blood boil evertime I watch this nation act when we are involved in a football tournament. Patriotism is so backward I wonder what all these people will be like to know that no countries will exist a in century because of the all globalisation, thats the way the world is heading. The red flag will be flying everywhere by then you and nationalistic so called "english" people better get used to it.

A "beige" world is my idea of hell tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_vogue)
    So you're not English then?

You're in England. English people are the majority. And they have a right to fly their flags. Deal with it, or leave.
    I'm pretty sure he means that we all have ancestors from all over the world and it's very silly to deliberately split ourselves into groups based on where we were born and then to actually be proud of such divisions.

Also there is no such thing as English nationality. There is British nationality.

He seems pretty radical about the whole flag ban, but he does not need to 'Deal with it, or leave'. He has the right to his opinion in the same way you or anyone else does. Any country needs to have its majority's views challenged, because they are very often suited for the dark ages more than for the 21st century.

ReputationRep:
    I like differences.

ReputationRep:
    Being patriotic and supportive of your country is one thing, being needlessly aggressive about other countries is another. I live in Wales and am half-welsh, love it here and the people, but sometimes the patrioticism (? is this a word?) or nationalism is unbearable. Especially when they claim its to do with hating the english due to things that happened centuries ago, when its really over a rugby match. All this "anybody but the english" crap does my head in, yes be supportive and enthusiastic about your country, but it can be shoved down your throat to a massive extent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDMD)
    I'm pretty sure he means that we all have ancestors from all over the world and it's very silly to deliberately split ourselves into groups based on where we were born and then to actually be proud of such divisions.

Also there is no such thing as English nationality. There is British nationality.

He seems pretty radical about the whole flag ban, but he does not need to 'Deal with it, or leave'. He has the right to his opinion in the same way you or anyone else does. Any country needs to have its majority's views challenged, because they are very often suited for the dark ages more than for the 21st century.
    I said nothing about English NATIONALITY. Only of being English.

ReputationRep:
    People who ''hate patriotism'' are almost always short sighted, selfish rebels without a cause who just want to appear shocking for the sake of it.

If you really want to prove how unpatriotic you are I suggest you go find one of the men who fought in World War 2 and if you can tell them to their face that what they did was a waste of time and you're not grateful for their sacrifice, then you can call yourself unpatriotic.

Untill then just grow up and stop being a massive baby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obins)
    People who ''hate patriotism'' are almost always short sighted, selfish rebels without a cause who just want to appear shocking for the sake of it.

If you really want to prove how unpatriotic you are I suggest you go find one of the men who fought in World War 2 and if you can tell them to their face that what they did was a waste of time and you're not grateful for their sacrifice, then you can call yourself unpatriotic.

Untill then just grow up and stop being a massive baby.
    Actually they usually want a world without boarders where everyone is equal regardless of skin colour etc. That's a huge cause. And how is it in any way selfish?

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, patriotism and racism seem to go hand in hand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dizzy177)
    In my experience, patriotism and racism seem to go hand in hand
    Agreed. Screw countries and nationalities.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)

Rather than dreaming about an idealistic world that will never come to pass, focus on your English lessons, Lord knows you need it.

In response to yet another incendiary thread, you're an idiot. You have the temerity to think that everyone will agree that patriotism is passé, when in fact, attempting to rid of it will likely be met with resistance.

Patriotism is a natural feeling, one that you are either devoid of, or are suppressing. In either case - you, sir, are a coward. You're probably one of those people who would rather be taken over by an aggressor, than show an inkling of spine.

You also seem deluded in thinking that patriotism is only prevalent in England. Patriotism occurs in every nation on Earth. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Agreed. Screw countries and nationalities.:mad:
    Typical response of somebody that was raised in the British nanny state.

If countries break down who will provide your healthcare? Private enterprises.

You think these new tuition fees are bad? Wait until the state breaks down.

Who is going to enforce the law? Who is going to write the law? Who is going to build all those facilities that you need?

People like you are cockroaches. Useless dispensable wastes of feces. Without governments and nations you wouldnt survive. YOU WOULDNT KNOW HOW TO. You wouldnt know how to defend the borders of this country. As soon as Hitler dropped a bomb on London you would have disappeared into the night with your tail between your legs.

This great country that we all enjoy was built by patriotic men. It is even run by patriotic men today. Majority of those public servants that you absolutely rely on are patriotic people.

THIS NATION EXISTS PURELY BASED ON THE WORK AND SACRIFICE OF PATRIOTIC PEOPLE.

There is a difference between Nationalism and Patriotism.

I am a proud Englishman. A proud Briton. I enjoy the freedom that this country provides me with. All of you are blessed to live in a country like ours. You could have been born in Somalia. You could have lived under Nazi occupied Britain.

Take some pride and gratitude in this country of ours. Your life need not be defined by the results of our sports teams, the size of our GDP nor the attitudes of all people who share your citizenship. Yet you should always have a sense of appreciation toward a country like this that has made it possible for you to enjoy the fruits of freedom in whichever way you choose.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't understand the notion of being proud of the bit of rock you were lucky enough to be born on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donuticus)
    I just don't understand the notion of being proud of the bit of rock you were lucky enough to be born on.
    well said... my thoughts exactly!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donuticus)
    Exactly so get rid them!

One world state with the red flag. yummy.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.