Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does Anyone Here Hate Patriotic People With A Passion?? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do You Hate Patriotic People?
    Yes absolutely
    36.84%
    Sort of
    13.16%
    patriotism is ok sometimes
    21.05%
    Hell No I am proudly patriotic
    28.95%

ReputationRep:
    This guy is obviously on a wind-up.

ReputationRep:
    Er no it's what I believe.

ReputationRep:
    I would think if there was a world government it would be far from a secular state.. and we all know the most predominant religion(s) in the world. Problematic much? Suppose it's kinda like why Turkey isn't in the EU..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentrepreneur)
    Typical response of somebody that was raised in the British nanny state.

If countries break down who will provide your healthcare? Private enterprises.

You think these new tuition fees are bad? Wait until the state breaks down.

Who is going to enforce the law? Who is going to write the law? Who is going to build all those facilities that you need?

People like you are cockroaches. Useless dispensable wastes of feces. Without governments and nations you wouldnt survive. YOU WOULDNT KNOW HOW TO. You wouldnt know how to defend the borders of this country. As soon as Hitler dropped a bomb on London you would have disappeared into the night with your tail between your legs.

This great country that we all enjoy was built by patriotic men. It is even run by patriotic men today. Majority of those public servants that you absolutely rely on are patriotic people.

THIS NATION EXISTS PURELY BASED ON THE WORK AND SACRIFICE OF PATRIOTIC PEOPLE.

There is a difference between Nationalism and Patriotism.

I am a proud Englishman. A proud Briton. I enjoy the freedom that this country provides me with. All of you are blessed to live in a country like ours. You could have been born in Somalia. You could have lived under Nazi occupied Britain.

Take some pride and gratitude in this country of ours. Your life need not be defined by the results of our sports teams, the size of our GDP nor the attitudes of all people who share your citizenship. Yet you should always have a sense of appreciation toward a country like this that has made it possible for you to enjoy the fruits of freedom in whichever way you choose.
    Well said, although I might have toned down the "faeces" bit (would have repped but I don't have any left). And I really feel the need to post this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhUFVrdsd2A

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.