Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Ok so i made this post about a week ago -

There's girl I like at university (who had some very strange behaviour). Anyway, a week or two ago, the two of us went out just to the cinema. The whole evening she was being so guarded and defencive with her body langauage so I thought I should back off a little at the time, but she didn't even give me a hug when we got back to halls (we basically live 2 mins away from eachother) and seemed in quite a rush to get back to her flat so I just resigned to defeat in that it had gone badly. This was weird in itself considering we've hugged plenty of times before, and since then. However, she texted me later that evening along the ines of "Thanks so much for asking me, had loads of fun today!". Confusing. Anyway, since then we've been out to clubs with friends a couple of times, but I really can't tell what the situation is. Admittedly, I think I've been a bit overly keen, asking her to go out (with our friends) a few too many times the last week or two, so maybe I'm just being a bit full on for her - she doesn't seem the type that has had a lot of boyfriends before. Or maybe shes just not interested. Any advice on how I should follow this up? Leave it for a while and see if she texts me?

Anyway, since then, on Tuesday I gave her a call in the afternoon to see if she wanted to do something on friday evening. She didn't pick up, but texted me later in the day to say sorry, and what was up. Stupidly perhaps, I texted her instead of calling her, saying if she wanted to meet up for a drink in town. This was at like 6pm. I haven't got a reply yet, so I've just resigned myself to the fact that it isn't going to happen, I mean no girl would do that if they were interested. I just wanted to know from a girls perspective what the hell is going on in her mind. I'm just slightly annoyed that she hasn't got the courtesy to let me know within good time (she'll probably get back to me tonight saying she has plans)...

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like she's just not that into you.

If you're saying that her body language was defensive, that she made a quick exit back to her flat and isn't working much with text or phone conversations, she's either very unexperienced and shy or wants you to back off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    It sounds like she's just not that into you.

If you're saying that her body language was defensive, that she made a quick exit back to her flat and isn't working much with text or phone conversations, she's either very unexperienced and shy or wants you to back off.
    Fair enough, I appreciate the honest opinion

ReputationRep:
    Does she have any close friends? Maybe you could tell them if she fancies you or not through her friends?

ReputationRep:
    Since you live 2 minutes away from each other, why don't you ask her in person. You can judge her response by the look on her face.
    Try going out with another girl - don't just focus on this particalar girl. I mean, dating shouldn't be annoying for one of the person (in this case you're the one that's annoyed cause she keeps cancelling or making other plans).
    If she's worth it - even though she doesn't seem like she's worth it - go for it and keep trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vpsycho)
    Does she have any close friends? Maybe you could tell them if she fancies you or not through her friends?
    There is one girl who I know reasonably well who's best friends with her, I actually considered this before. Again though, she knows the girl much more, and I don't really feel confident in ringing this friend up because she will definately think thats a bit OTT seeing as I havent called her before, so I'd probably have to fb chat her because I don't really see her around that much. Still a good idea?

(Original post by using_the_force)
    Since you live 2 minutes away from each other, why don't you ask her in person. You can judge her response by the look on her face.
    Try going out with another girl - don't just focus on this particalar girl. I mean, dating shouldn't be annoying for one of the person (in this case you're the one that's annoyed cause she keeps cancelling or making other plans).
    If she's worth it - even though she doesn't seem like she's worth it - go for it and keep trying.
    ^^Well, strange as it sounds, I just don't bump into her a lot, and from her behaviour, I don't know if she would appreciate me going over there and asking. Over the phone she's fine, but it just happened that she didn't pick up last time so I had to text her. I think she is worth it, she seems the long-term type which is what I'm realy looking for, even though its dragging me to hell and back..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid_Snake_100)
    There is one girl who I know reasonably well who's best friends with her, I actually considered this before. Again though, she knows the girl much more, and I don't really feel confident in ringing this friend up because she will definately think thats a bit OTT seeing as I havent called her before, so I'd probably have to fb chat her because I don't really see her around that much. Still a good idea?
    Depends how much you like the girl. I'd say go for it, you only live once after all.

ReputationRep:
    If you get another moment alone with her, just be straight up and ask, no ifs, buts, blah .etc

People waste too much time trying to play detective and in the course of attempting to decipher certain aspects of "the current" situation with whatever subjective info you have, you'll only end up creating a circle of thought in your mind i.e. your not getting anywhere.

Grab your balls, do a few star jumps .etc slap on the old spice, bust a shirt with one or two buttons slightly undone you know, let the chest hairs pop out, and head on over to her place to ask what ever is on your mind

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.