Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ching chong ching chong Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not racist in the least to be honest. Just a woman portraying a language of which she's ignorant. There was no malicious intent in the clip shown.

Not even worth talking about, or watching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brionysmith)
    contradictory or what, so if it is not racism what is it? just simply ostracising or "mocking" someone due to the way they speak or look is classed as racism.
    Its taking the piss out of another language. Nothing to do with racism, sorry to dissapoint you. Are you one of these people who sees racism absolutely everywhere, or do you go out of your way to complain that everything is racist.

I am Scottish and I have had my accent mocked many times, I do not find it racist. No matter if you pc mongos think otherwise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N.A.T.O)
    Its taking the piss out of another language. Nothing to do with racism, sorry to dissapoint you. Are you one of these people who sees racism absolutely everywhere, or do you go out of your way to complain that everything is racist.

I am Scottish and I have had my accent mocked many times, I do not find it racist. No matter if you pc mongos think otherwise

NO. I am not. But i do not think CHING CHONG comes under the chinese vocab, correct me if i am wrong?
    There for it is an incorrect view and mockery of how chinese people speak. Get it right jesus.
    "Ching chong is an ethnic slur sometimes employed by Americans and other speakers of the English language to mock people of Chinese ancestry"

So thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'd consider it racist, yes. It's derogatory, insulting and incredibly ignorant. It's not just insulting the language tbh. It goes far deeper than that and kind of infers that Chinese people are lesser or stupider somehow and that Chinese as a language is incredibly simplistic or incomprehensible. If you're mocking the way a Chinese person speaks English, I don't think that's racist. Just ignorant and a little cruel. But that is widespread and happens to every race. I don't think any other race is insulted through their language though. It's fairly unique which is why there's nothing to compare it against. If you haven't experienced it you can't possibly know how it feels so most people labour under the delusion that it's just a joke and it's not hurtful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brionysmith)
    NO. I am not. But i do not think CHING CHONG comes under the chinese vocab, correct me if i am wrong? There for it is an incorrect view and mockery of how chinese people speak. Get it right jesus.
    "Ching chong is an ethnic slur sometimes employed by Americans and other speakers of the English language to mock people of Chinese ancestry"

So thank you
    No its does not come under the Chinese vocab you pedantic moron. It is mocking the chinese language.

........... The uber-pedantacism of some TSR users is utterly astonishing.

Ching Ching is an ethnic slur, but the context in how the Girl in the video used was not an ethnic slur she was cleaerly mocking their language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrubby)
    I'd consider it racist, yes. It's derogatory, insulting and incredibly ignorant. It's not just insulting the language tbh. It goes far deeper than that and kind of infers that Chinese people are lesser or stupider somehow and that Chinese as a language is incredibly simplistic or incomprehensible. If you're mocking the way a Chinese person speaks English, I don't think that's racist. Just ignorant and a little cruel. But that is widespread and happens to every race. I don't think any other race is insulted through their language though. It's fairly unique which is why there's nothing to compare it against. If you haven't experienced it you can't possibly know how it feels so most people labour under the delusion that it's just a joke and it's not hurtful.
    No, you infered that. What does that say about you ?

ReputationRep:
    No its does not come under the Chinese vocab you pedantic moron. It is mocking the chinese language.

........... The uber-pedantacism of some TSR users is utterly astonishing.

Ching Ching is an ethnic slur, but the context in how the Girl in the video used was not an ethnic slur she was cleaerly mocking their language
    Ah well touché people like you never fail to amuse me, what goes around comes around.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Then should I start making monkey noises to a African person?

ReputationRep:
    Well actually its not biting the hand that feeds them, they are paying for the meal. That saying is not meant to be interpreted in a literal sense :rolleyes:
    It sounded better in my head, and i was tired when i said it.

ReputationRep:
    She is offensive in a Jim Davidson sort of way. Thick, unfunny and a jaded career in freefall.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.