Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm in the process of choosing my firm and my insurance. The university I want to firm is less academically respected in my area of choice than another university I've applied to. Would it be stupid to reject an offer from a better university even if I know I'll be happier elsewhere?

no, as long as your happiness comes hand in hand with academic achievement. If you go to the not as good uni for happiness but it doesn't challenge you enough and you end up coming out with a crappy grade then you're not better off. However, if going to the better university is going to depress you, then you wont get the grades. It just depends on the course really, what suits you, which city is better for you etc. In saying that though, most people end up loving whichever uni they're at so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

No, no & no.

Go where you'd be happiest.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.