'Making Love'? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever been in love?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerol)
    Who else is offended by this term?

Okay, not offended; disgusted.

This is going to sound horribly ****gish, but to me sex and love do not go hand in hand.

Sex is all about the moment, passion and enjoyment.
    Love is about something lasting and emotional.

To be honest, I'd much rather have a spontaneous shag in the heat of the moment, than deep (excuse the pun), emotional 'love-making' any day.

I don't want to hear the words 'I love you' in the middle of sex. It's off-putting.

I know I sound like a right whorebag now. Surprisingly, I'm not. I don't sleep around anyway.

I'd just like to know if anyone else shares my views on this LOL.
    Totally agree my love, if you'll pardon the pun.

ReputationRep:
    Well cringe to this:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get a strong 'Forever Alone' vibe from OP?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the problem, unless you're looking for a ONS with some munter and he says it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4d)
    Anyone else get a strong 'Forever Alone' vibe from OP?
    Yep :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerol)

This is going to sound horribly ****gish,

I know I sound like a right whorebag now.
    Yep. Couldn't have put it any better myself.

ReputationRep:
    If I used the corny phrase "making love" with my girlfriend (or indeed any previous girlfriend) they would have cracked up and told me to man the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    Typically I have enjoyed sex far far more with someone I am involved with, and it is nice to be able to grab them, hoist them up the wall and shag them rotten on the spur of the moment- in fact I think all sex should be spontaneous really.

However it is also nice to have 'animal pounding' all the time, sometimes it is great to tease, deny and what not heightening the sensations for both of you.
    And in regards to passion, this is intensified by emotions towards each other.

But I do agree, you do need a good pounding!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say there's a difference between having sex and "making love" but the term itself is pretty cheesy and I don't think I'd ever use it (and laugh if the bf used it :lol: ).

ReputationRep:
    im a very sexually charged guy who likes a good **** but making love is definitley different to sex. with my ex sometimes we would have sex and sometimes we would make love. having sex would just be areally hard pounding but when we made love we'd put relaxing music on and candles and do it really slow and look each other in the eye lovingly the whole time. it didnt even feel like a normal shag..it was a different activity...but it was still a form of sex...but it was love as well, and if the op cant imagine sex and love combining like that then she obviously hasnt had the pleasure of making love before

ReputationRep:
    It's sort of off-putting because you can't really "make" love with sex....
    You can use sex to express it though.

This terminology is virtually non-existent in my peers' vocabulary.
    It was quite common in our literature classes though.

ReputationRep:
    Making love is just code for making more of an effort. A meaningless screw is selfish and satisfying. Whereas ML is where you're expected to care more about the other. 'was that good for you?'

So kinda makes sense you'd favour the latter

ReputationRep:
    Whorebag ftw

I used to be of a similar school, however in my experience, the older you get, the more deep and enduring the relationships you have, the more the spiritual side to sex or 'love making' will become apparent.. granted these terms do sound douchey but the act can be an important vestige of love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karateworm)
    "Sex without love, is an empty vessel".
    What he said.

ReputationRep:
    god no offence but most people on this thread haven't lived!! get back to me when you grow up a bit, shag a few more girls, try more new things and understand how relationships work a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerol)
    This is going to sound horribly ****gish, but to me sex and love do not go hand in hand.

I know I sound like a right whorebag now. Surprisingly, I'm not. I don't sleep around anyway.
    You ****gy whorebag. Maybe you should change your username to ****athore. Or ****athorebag.

ReputationRep:
    Half and half with this one.

On one hand: Agreed, lust and the rush you get from sex is amazing
    On the other: Love making is more heart-felt

I hate the term 'love making'. It makes me think i'm stuck in some generic sex ed documentary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    I kind of get what you're saying, but I don't think sex should always be a loveless thing :no:

It's a bit cringey when you're in the middle of sex and the other person is all like ''make love to me.'' It kinda puts me off a bit to be honest. But saying 'I love you' is okay though.
    Haha this reminded me of a comedy sketch, I can't remember which comedian but the joke was about how some people say "f** me" "make love to me" etc during sex and the comedian said "well what the hell do you think I'm doing right now then?"

Sorry, irrelevant I know, but I like how everyone sees "making love" differently

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't like the saying, and I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face if my boyfriend asked me if I wanted to make love.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.