Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    *feels pity*

ReputationRep:
    I believe it was the poet 50 Cent who said 'I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love' :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Back in the caveman era maybe.

If you're having sex with someone you love and trust, you can be totally open about all your desires, if you just want to be loved for a change instead of doing the ''loving'' then I don't see how anyone could argue with that.
    You mean submissive guys? If you're submissive in any area of your life, you're someone's *****. Sad but true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    Well why would you look for a ONS with a munter?
    Desperate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerol)
    Who else is offended by this term?

Okay, not offended; disgusted.

This is going to sound horribly ****gish, but to me sex and love do not go hand in hand.

Sex is all about the moment, passion and enjoyment.
    Love is about something lasting and emotional.

To be honest, I'd much rather have a spontaneous shag in the heat of the moment, than deep (excuse the pun), emotional 'love-making' any day.

I don't want to hear the words 'I love you' in the middle of sex. It's off-putting.

I know I sound like a right whorebag now. Surprisingly, I'm not. I don't sleep around anyway.

I'd just like to know if anyone else shares my views on this LOL.
    I don't think you sound like ****., it is perfectly possible to have sex without love, but (discounting all familial and platonic loves) i don't think you can have love without sex. Sex can be very emotional, and its when it becomes emotional that it is referred to as making love, I would never refer to 'a spontaneous shag in the heat of the moment', making love because it is not, a one night stand, hot steamy sex is not making love, but a night of passion with a man that you are in a long term relationship with, a man that you love, can be termed making love and there is nothing wrong with that. One day you will fall in love and have sex with that person and you will see what I mean. When making love there is a lot more involved than just the act.

ReputationRep:
    The term does make me cringe, but I think it has something in it. When you're having sex with someone you love there's a wonderful feeling of closeness, as well as being able to take pleasure in watching them react.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Desperate?
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerol)

This is going to sound horribly ****gish, but to me sex and love do not go hand in hand.

To be honest, I'd much rather have a spontaneous shag in the heat of the moment, than deep (excuse the pun), emotional 'love-making' any day.

I don't want to hear the words 'I love you' in the middle of sex. It's off-putting.

I know I sound like a right whorebag now. Surprisingly, I'm not. I don't sleep around anyway.

As a man, I wholly agree, it really is a mood-killer when love and affection are brought into sex. It should feel like something dirty and naughty and certainly needs to feel that way to sustain my interest.

Though the actual phrase "make love" I think is quite nice and poetic, particularly when the other person is someone you love.

ReputationRep:
    Sex with someone you really and truly love is always the best, for me anyway. I think 'make love' just means to have slow, passionate sex with your partner, doesn't mean you can't still have rough and ready quickies with them too!

ReputationRep:
    No I don't agree with you. How is saying 'I love you' in the middle of sex off-putting?

I kind of have the opposite opinion to you, yes admittedly a lot of people see sex as a fun thing, which it is, but I would never have sex with someone that I don't love or at least who I don't truly care about deeply & trust completely. I think sex is such an intimate thing where your love for someone can be truly expressed in the act itself, that's why I don't get why people enjoy having ONSs because you can't share such intimacy with a total stranger. I suppose also that's why I'd never want a threesome. I wouldn't consider myself plain jane in the bedroom though.

So I believe that love & sex do go hand in hand.

(Original post by Nerol)

You've obviously never experienced real love.

One thing's for certain: neither do I love you, nor am I going to have sex with you.

ReputationRep:
    I think there is definitely a difference between sex and 'making love' although, me and my boyfriend never use the term 'making love' is always been referred to as the 'nice sex that means something' normally when everything is closer, more in sync, just, i dont know really how to describe, but you feel alot more than you do if you just have sex. NOT that id ever say to him that i didnt want the sex where its a bit more rough and ready and :O but i like having the 2, and its not like we plan when were going ot have each type of sex, so to speak, but it just kinda happens at the time and what the vibe is like between us etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaalou)
    "making love" is a million times better than a quick shag. you sound really inexperienced
    What's love? Shagging all the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    You've obviously never experienced real love.

One thing's for certain: neither do I love you, nor am I going to have sex with you.
    Aww, that's disappointing!

:'(

(Original post by Nerol)
    Aww, that's disappointing!

:'(
    To me, sex, is a consummation of love. That means having learned what each other enjoy, paying attention to each other, and not just ****ing for the sake of ****ing. If I have sex with you, it's because I love you and I want to you feel good, and I hope you love me as well. Otherwise, I might as well just masturbate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerol)
    Hey, they can say it before or after, that's fine. But not during, because I'd laugh and it'd put me off!
    In that case have fun getting used by jocks until you're old and tired and then going through a crisis because the young hunks don't find you attractive anymore and you don't get anymore attention all of a sudden

ReputationRep:
    The sentiment is fine, but the words themselves are indeed cringe-worthy. They should be kept in power ballads and Nicholas Sparks novels where they belong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerol)
    A man would say 'I love you' to anything that gave him an orgasm.
    LOL.

And I actually just cringed for you... I'd have laughed in his face it I were you haha
    Oh grow up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerol)

I know what you mean, and I'm sorry you got negged so badly for this! I used to love my boyfriend so much, but HATED "love-making". For me, sex is best when it's raw, unadulterated passion. Not slow and staring to each other's eyes. Sure, I like to cuddle and spoon afterwards and hold each other's hands and say "I love you" then, but in the actual act itself, I completely agree with you.

And you're not a whorebag (I think anyone who has sex is a whore by TSR's standards, anyway). You just have a personal preference when it comes to sex which is completely fine.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion sex and 'making love' are different things.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.