Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I completed my undergrad in 2006. I was born and bred in Northern Ireland and so my finance for that degree was processed by my local education and library board (BELB).

Since graduating I have lived and worked in London.

As an independent student i am returning to complete a PGCE here in London.

I tried to register with the stdeunt finance England website but it says I was already registered.

So i called their helpline...they said yes because I've already done my undergrad I am already registered. So they gave me my reference number.

I then logged into the site only to be told
    The Student Finance England website provides student finance information and online services for people who normally live in England.
    The details you have provided indicate that your home address is outside this area. Select Next to be redirected to the correct website.
    Clearly the records they have are from my undergrad days. So I called them again and asked them to change my home address to my London address. They said they did it. When i try to log in I still get the same message.

I'd rather do this online that have to print and send by post.

Have any Northern Irish student returning as independant mature students in England Scotland or Wales encountered this same problem? if So...what did you do?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.