Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't often wear my tongue bar and I have a weird white kind of underneath my tongue around the piercing hole?

Helppp sorry I know the picture is grim
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Just, no. *barf*

ReputationRep:
    sorry =[

ReputationRep:
    Go see our piercer if you can.
    I don't have one myself but it looks a bit... Not normal!
    It's not a wet scab is it? Like you get on the inside of a lip piercing just after you've had it done?

Aw, DUDE, sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecookies)
    I don't often wear my tongue bar and I have a weird white kind of underneath my tongue around the piercing hole?

Helppp sorry I know the picture is grim
    Um when you say you don't often wear it, what do you mean? Do you wear retainers? If so it might just be an irritiable reaction to wearing plastic for an extended amount of time. If not, i've never known a tongue piercing stay open very long without jewellry in without getting severly annoyed when you try and put something through it again due to how damn fast your tongue heals. Go and talk to your piercer about it, they might be able to help

ReputationRep:
    I've had my tongue piercing for about 4 years now and mine's never looked like that... does it hurt or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie!)
    Go see our piercer if you can.
    I don't have one myself but it looks a bit... Not normal!
    It's not a wet scab is it? Like you get on the inside of a lip piercing just after you've had it done?
    I got it pierced like 2 years ago this has been getting bigger! And ive no idea what a wet scab is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watchingtherain)
    Um when you say you don't often wear it, what do you mean? Do you wear retainers? If so it might just be an irritiable reaction to wearing plastic for an extended amount of time. If not, i've never known a tongue piercing stay open very long without jewellry in without getting severly annoyed when you try and put something through it again due to how damn fast your tongue heals. Go and talk to your piercer about it, they might be able to help
    I occasionally poke a tongue bar through it?! And wear one fairly often eek this is confusing, it just hasn't closed. Well the first time i had it pierced it closed within a day i got it repierced and now it never seems to close!

(Original post by OllyRamsay)
    I've had my tongue piercing for about 4 years now and mine's never looked like that... does it hurt or anything?
    Nope doesnt hurt

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually know what a wet scab is, it's more like a slang name for it I think. Basically you get one after you'vehad your lip pierced on the inside and my boyfriend was advised to rub it off... But I can't tell if it's what is on your tongue... Seriously see someone =/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.