Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    where are people gettin these big coloured watche from is there a main make/designer thats the popular ones cos i have seen ones in argos but are they just the copy version?
    thnx

ReputationRep:
    They are called Ice, but try and find ones that are branded Avalanche. They are exactly the same, but made by a guy who get fired from Ice. They 100% the same but cheaper.

http://www.avalanche-watch.com/

ReputationRep:
    Ice Watches, Toy Watches, all lesser imitations of much better watches (most of the designs are lifted straight from Rolex). Plastic, nasty, and outrageously overpriced: some retail in excess of £100, which is sickening for a plastic battery powered watch. They're not clever, and I can't wait for them to go out of fashion (which they inevitably will). Avoid like the plague and spend your money on a proper watch instead - much better in the long-run

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dicer999)
    They are called Ice, but try and find ones that are branded Avalanche. They are exactly the same, but made by a guy who get fired from Ice. They 100% the same but cheaper.

http://www.avalanche-watch.com/
    Have you bought one of the avalanches? Are they good?

ReputationRep:
    If you are just talking about that general style...well I have an Adidas Cambridge watch in white, they do them in lots of colours though. I think they look great and cost 40-50 pounds, though mine was a present. I prefer not to have a metal watch as they just get scratched, and I don't think leather watches suit me really.

ReputationRep:
    I have an Ice watch, although I bought mine a few years ago at the Clothes Show when they were fairly unknown for £25! Can't say I have any complaints!

ReputationRep:
    lol wtf did avalanche et al all come from?

It's G Shock or die.

Popularised in music videos, esp. 'urban' (or black people) videos and then probably some lameface wanted to be alternative in their conformity and went for some obscure brand...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkey321)
    Have you bought one of the avalanches? Are they good?
    I have a Nixon watch, but Avalanche are exactly the same as Ice, but you also have a cool story to tell people when they ask you about your watch

ReputationRep:
    I think Swatch has some really nice ones. You should really check them and they are really worth the price considering their good quality!

ReputationRep:
    Toywatch?

ReputationRep:
    Casio G-shocks are the only watches that matter.

/thread.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.