Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Well chances are you wouldn't see anything anyway!

ReputationRep:
    The point here is that she was being discreet - on a park bench - its not like she was walking about with a baby hanging off her nipple.

And its not always so easy to bottle-feed. For a start, you have the express the milk out of your breast, put it in a sterilised bottle and have the bottle with you. You then have to find a kindly shop who will zap it in the microwave and really, if you've had kids or babysitted for little tinies, you have to take so much stuff about with you such as pram, wipes, dummy, nappies, juice, biscuit, wrap, that frankly it is EASIER to just find a quiet spot and lift up your top and feed the baby.

Feeding a baby in the bathroom is foul - would you eat your lunch in there? - and sometimes there just isn't a "parents" room. In Cafes you get stared at cos you've brought your caravan of baby paraphenalia with you and the yuppies/students get pissed of when the baby cries. Pubs - ciggie smoke.

So I think she had done the right thing by finding a bench to feed the babe. If you had walked past I doubt you would have noticed. Unless you were the old fart who felt it neccessary to make the woman feel like a leper. Old people suck.

I can't for the life of my understand why a baby having a meal from the container it was intended offends anyone.

In Aus people breastfeed on the telly! An MP did it last year in parliament!

ReputationRep:
    In conclusion, breast feeding is ok if:

Done discreetly
    Not in the presence of old people
    In australia
    The woman is 'hot'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)

Done discreetly
    In australia
    The woman is 'hot'.
    Yes, well summarised.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I think on the point of not in front of old people it depends on the person. Besides sometime it can't be avoided...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper

Done discreetly
    In australia
    The woman is 'hot'.
    Why not in the presence of old people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morningtheft)
    Why not in the presence of old people?
    cos they report it to the police! read the article...........
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Not all old people would do that though...would they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beach_surf_babe)
    Not all old people would do that though...would they?
    tongue ... cheek .....

ReputationRep:
    bitty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakatu)
    bitty!
    I'm sooo disappointed they got rid of bitty!! But I'll admit, it was getting really sick and twisted when his nan got her boob out for him! Eeeew! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakatu)
    bitty!
    Damn beat to it!

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe it got to page 4 pefore that was mentioned. I didnt mention it because I think that sketch stinks.

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe it got to page 4 pefore that was mentioned. I didnt mention it because I think that sketch stinks.
    Now that is wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Little Britain (post series one) is ****. Who wants to hear the same jokes over and over again?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Little Britain (post series one) is ****. Who wants to hear the same jokes over and over again?!?
    Me. See also Fast Show. Catherine Tate Show. Etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by segat1)
    Except that the Fast Show actually got better and the characters deepened over time. Little Britain has got more crass and offensive, and the character's have become more shallow and baseless. Read here for a more eloquent criticism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by segat1)
    Did you not watch the fast show or something? They may have used the same characters, but they did it so much better - the circumstances and events were so much more entertaining. With little britain you can't be arsed after you've seen it more than 3 times...

ReputationRep:
    So a baby should go hungry because someone might not like it if they chose to look at its mother feeding it?

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame they use the same jokes over and over, because when it first came out it was great. Now it's had too much hype surrounding it, and to be honest it's not as good as they made it out to be.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.