Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    Did you not watch the fast show or something? They may have used the same characters, but they did it so much better - the circumstances and events were so much more entertaining. With little britain you can't be arsed after you've seen it more than 3 times...
    Of course I watched it. Hence why I cited it. I think Little Britain does it well, tho not as well as the Fast Show. I thoroughly enjoy it, thank you very much. This is well hectic.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Zurich)
    So a baby should go hungry because someone might not like it if they chose to look at its mother feeding it?
    A hungry screaming baby is much worse than a mother feeding the baby!

ReputationRep:
    I do agree that little britain is very repetitive, even so i do find it amusing and they do take each sketch a little bit further each time.

It seems rather lazy to be honest, it would be much better if they introduced say one new character per episode.

Andy has gone on far too long, it was never that good anywhere. My favourite sketches would probably be the bitty ones and the one with the fat lady because they are so outrageous. As is the WI women who throws up on everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakatu)
    I do agree that little britain is very repetitive, even so i do find it amusing and they do take each sketch a little bit further each time.

It seems rather lazy to be honest, it would be much better if they introduced say one new character per episode.

Andy has gone on far too long, it was never that good anywhere. My favourite sketches would probably be the bitty ones and the one with the fat lady because they are so outrageous. As is the WI women who throws up on everyone.
    If they did the sketches just one or two times it would be amazing...but theres only so many times the joke "oh, he's in a wheelchair, but he doesn't need to be" makes you laugh...
    The difference with something like the fast show as a sketch show compared to these crappy modern ones was that it played on the individual aspects of the characters and evolved from that - there was much more depth.
    Still...you cant get much funnier than that hypnotist bloke (more specifically the one in the car park! - my favourite sketch in a long time...)

Also - was anyone else pissed off that lou & andy got "funniest sketch ever" - I could have thrown a brick at the tv for seeing that - the public should not be allowed to decide things of such importance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    If they did the sketches just one or two times it would be amazing...but theres only so many times the joke "oh, he's in a wheelchair, but he doesn't need to be" makes you laugh...
    The difference with something like the fast show as a sketch show compared to these crappy modern ones was that it played on the individual aspects of the characters and evolved from that - there was much more depth.
    Still...you cant get much funnier than that hypnotist bloke (more specifically the one in the car park! - my favourite sketch in a long time...)

Also - was anyone else pissed off that lou & andy got "funniest sketch ever" - I could have thrown a brick at the tv for seeing that - the public should not be allowed to decide things of such importance!
    As ever you are far too right Toby.

ReputationRep:
    pfft! what can you say - its a skill! cheers carl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.J)
    Express the milk out... :puke: Or you could just make up one of those powder milk things and put it in a flask.
    formula is not recommended, but can be used and even then, you still have to heat it up.

(Original post by L.J)
    I don't see why she couldn't have waited til she got home to feed it. It's not like an hour's gonna make that much difference.
    yeah, an hour throws a baby's feeding/sleeping pattern right out geez *hands on hips*, don't you know anything about babies??

ReputationRep:
    You try walking round town for an hour with a screaming, red-faced, starving baby. People would call the police again, only this time so that the baby could be taken away from you and given to decent parents who feed it when it's hungry!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by L.J)
    I don't see why she couldn't have waited til she got home to feed it. It's not like an hour's gonna make that much difference.
    You clearly haven't been around a hungry baby who is about 2 months old then! Adults can wait an hour to eat, babies can't!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supercat)
    You try walking round town for an hour with a screaming, red-faced, starving baby. People would call the police again, only this time so that the baby could be taken away from you and given to decent parents who feed it when it's hungry!
    YEAH, LJ YEAH! :boxing:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Well then you should know that waiting is not gonna happen!

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.J)
    Bleuh, I think it's a bit gross. The kid's hungry? Shove a bottle in it's gob. Save the breast feeding for at home. I think seeing a baby breast feeding is pretty vomit-worthy, and I don't care whether it's "natural" or not. There are lots of other things that are "natural" and I really don't want to see any of those happening.
    Oh my goodness, how can you say that?! :eek: :mad: Just because it doesn't "look" nice, you can't just say it's not ok. "Shove a bottle in it's gob"? That just sounds so rude, plus it isn't the best for the baby. I hope you're not serious, if so I really feel sorry for your future children.

ReputationRep:
    well, bascially breastmilk contains all the creamy goodness babies need to grown up big 'n' strong so they will be smart adults. It has a lot of stuff that helps thier immune systems etc. Formula doesn't and while is is ok to use it if you can't breast feed due to mastitus (blocked milk ducts) or the baby won't breast feed, it's considered "not as good" as breastmilk. Also, you still have to heat it up. Heating. Bottle. Milk. Etc.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Because if you wait they carry on screaming. If they scream enough they'll start holding their breath and then who knows what will happen. Its unfair to let a baby carry on screaming. As for the formula milk thing it doesn't haven't the things that breastmilk has which help build up the babies immune system and general development.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, the article said the policeman just went up to her and said that someone had complained so she knew about it. It also said the police had nothing against breastfeeding in public.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supercat)
    Actually, the article said the policeman just went up to her and said that someone had complained so she knew about it. It also said the police had nothing against breastfeeding in public.
    Yes, we are debating the TOOL who complained.

ReputationRep:

The officer dealt with the matter in a discreet, professional manner and was advising her of a complaint made by a member of the public for her own benefit.

“There was no intention to cause Mrs Boyle-White any distress or embarrassment through the officer speaking to her. Norfolk Constabulary doesn’t have an issue with mothers breast-feeding in public.
    So, erm, there you go.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean like a bloke? It doesn't bother me at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.J)
    If someone complained about something ridiculous, the police officer wouldn't have said anything surely.

I guess I'm like a bloke on this one, I find it offensive especially in public places. I have nothing against it in private places (obviously that doesn't include restaurants etc).

--------------

I wouldn't complain but I think I'd probably give them a funny look. For two reasons: 1. It's offensive. 2 It's effing freezing!!!
    meh, boobies are cool. are you offended when you see some boobies? I'm not.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.