The Student Room Group

gf lying?

So yeah, my GF is going out soon to clubs and all that (i can't as i'm underage at the moment).

She has told me she is going one place, but i was on her computer the once and her fb was signed in and her friend started talking about going somewhere else?

So,

What do i do?

Confront her?
or just ignore it and trust her?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
why does it matter where she's going
Reply 2
Original post by hanaalou
why does it matter where she's going

It sort of matters if she feels she had to lie about it. Duh.
have a little trust in her, people will often change their plans on where they're going for nights out.
Original post by Yawn11

It was her friend was who talking about going elsewhere, not the gf.

OP, chill out, you're being ridiculous.
Reply 5
Relationships are built on trust. Maybe she doesn't want to go to this other place which her friend is talking about, trust her and whatever happens will happen.

You will get nowhere by bringing up and pointing out things that show your lack of trust in her. If you want reassurance, you could always casually slip it in to conversation talking about what clubs you want to go to, etc. Whatever you do don't point the finger at the lack of trust, it ruins relationships.
I say don't get paranoid just yet. Don't even confront it because that just shows that she's more reason not to trust you first.

Fox
Reply 7
Original post by Yawn11

it was the girlfriends friend talking about it. and op you should be more trusting.
Reply 8
Reply 9
Original post by jeffercake
It was her friend was who talking about going elsewhere, not the gf.

OP, chill out, you're being ridiculous.

Original post by hanaalou
it was the girlfriends friend talking about it. and op you should be more trusting.

No doubt if it was the other way round with a guy lying about it, you'd all be saying "casually ask him about it" and other bill crap.
Reply 10
Original post by Yawn11
No doubt if it was the other way round with a guy lying about it, you'd all be saying "casually ask him about it" and other bill crap.

But she has not lied about it, her friend has merely made a suggestion about going to a different place. Not like it matters where she goes anyway, similar events will occur - drinks, dance, good night...
Reply 11
Original post by Yawn11

no I wouldn't. I trust my other half and he's old enough to go where he wants. I'm his girlfriend not his mother!!
Original post by Anonymous
So yeah, my GF is going out soon to clubs and all that (i can't as i'm underage at the moment).

She has told me she is going one place, but i was on her computer the once and her fb was signed in and her friend started talking about going somewhere else?

So,

What do i do?

Confront her?
or just ignore it and trust her?

you wouldnt be checking up on her would you? if you are fond of her i'd stop your f*ckery or you're going to loose her:smile:
Reply 13
People do change their plans you know.
Reply 14
People do change their plans you know.
LOL I really doubt this means anything, whenever me and my mates go out our plans constantly change! We could plan on going one place and have another backup if someone doesn't get in. Or even if it's a party we'll talk about going to another club in case the party's boring. I wouldn't worry.
Reply 16
Headlock manoeuvre counsellor. All shall be revealed.
People change plans a lot, doesn't mean anything..
It always suprises me how much people care about where there partners are. A friend of mine works in a bar and told his girlfriend he was working, which he was. He nipped out to kfc which is the next door along to get some food for ten mins. He was spotted by his gfs friend and she ended the relationship over it.
Original post by Yawn11

Tbh, I wouldn't be saying anything because I don't really care. I just wanted to correct you.

Male or female, if they're meant to be in a relationship surely they can just ask where they're going without immediately jumping to the conclusion that the other person is lying.

I don't know what 'bill crap' is either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending