Should we forgive the germans or not Watch

This discussion is closed.
ddan
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
its been i very long time since the holacaust and as today if the holicaust rememberance day do u think we should forive the germans or not for wat they did to the jewish ppl and all the ppl dat got killed in auschwitz and birkenau. 6 million ppl got killed so is it time 2 forgive or not.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ddan)
its been i very long time since the holacaust and as today if the holicaust rememberance day do u think we should forive the germans or not for wat they did to the jewish ppl and all the ppl dat got killed in auschwitz and birkenau. 6 million ppl got killed so is it time 2 forgive or not.
only hitler
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i wouldnt say that the day of rememberance is really about 'still blaming' people, just rememebering the atrocities that were commited.

germans as a country don;t need forgiving, it wasnt their fault!
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Many of the germans just now would probably condemn what Hitler did. It's not their fault, but the fault of Hitler and his supporters.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ddan)
I think that most of the people who participated in the holocaust are dead or are too old.
I think that we shouldn't have any problem with german people.
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ddan)
I think we should because its a new milliuem and a new generation, Most of the participatants on thew WWII are dead now. However there will always be tension towards Germans i think. Although i went to Germany on a exchange withschool and they treated me with alot of respect and diganity! I was quite suprised actually but it was nice. Do you know what i mean?
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ddan)
It isn’t logical to hold the current generation responsible for the atrocities of their ancestors.

And as for the function of remembrance days, I echo El_Borish.
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the only thing the germans should be blamed for is disturbing moustaches, and towels at 4am...
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ddan)
"Only the dead can forgive"
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
german peeps are ace
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Actually they are the only who can't do it.
We can't blaim these people who most of them wasn't even born in that time.
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
german peeps are ace
Now now, I wouldn't go that far.
ddan
yea dats wat i think b cause dat is very true the dead can only really 4 give wat happened to dem no one else can
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
lol - yeah they are (well the ones I've met)
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
hahahha very good one!
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
We can't blaim these people who most of them wasn't even born in that time.
Yes, the Germans back then.

I watched a video today, most of the Germans, back then, knew about what was going on to the Jews and never said a word. All of it could have been prevented if they would have spoke up. It's arrogance.

How can we forigve them for killing millions of people and not have the slightest bit of remorse. Many Nazis commited suicide and tried to destroy the evidence. That's how guilty they were.

But today, some Germans feel ashamed to be German because of it. They didn't do it, the Germans that lived during 1939-45 were involved and they are the ones to that we can't forgive.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
hahahha very good one!
Thanks hehe.

Hey, how you doing man?

I forgive you!!! just kidding, you didn't do anything wrong to be forgiven.
ddan
(Original post by Petrozzi)
there are still ppl arond 2 day who went through the holacaust and tells a story of wat happened in the death camps
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, the Germans back then.

I watched a video today, most of the Germans, back then, knew about what was going on to the Jews and never said a word. All of it could have been prevented if they would have spoke up. It's arrogance.

How can we forigve them for killing millions of people and not have the slightest bit of remorse. Many Nazis commited suicide and tried to destroy the evidence. That's how guilty they were.

But today, some Germans feel ashamed to be German because of it. They didn't do it, the Germans that lived during 1939-45 were involved and they are the ones to that we can't forgive.
Yes, I've said that we can't blaim the people that were born AFTER (sorry) the holocaust, they don't have any guilty.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
On the one condition they improve the food in Lidl and secondly we are still allowed to watch the extremley old and extremley funny episode "The Germans" from Fawlty Towers, otherwise no problems by me
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads