Should we forgive the germans or not Watch

This discussion is closed.
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
The British government were undeniably slow to act, as indeed the Americans were.
yes, the brits were slow, but to be fair, the british are a seperate nation and the horrors of WW1 were not a desirable repeat. of course, its our fault tht we allowed hitler to advance developments in the army and occupy forbidden fronts, but in the end we won over. the americans followed the wrong policy from the start, same as we did.
lilmissnaughty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pugnacious)
ur urdru is impressive steph.

my urdu is appalin

all i can sey is what my name is
peace b with you
welcome
good day
thank you

lol

xxx
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
veni, vidi, vici
sapre aude
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
yes, the brits were slow, but to be fair, the british are a seperate nation and the horrors of WW1 were not a desirable repeat. of course, its our fault tht we allowed hitler to advance developments in the army and occupy forbidden fronts, but in the end we won over. the americans followed the wrong policy from the start, same as we did.
You're forgetting that the Treaty of Versailles (sp) was one of the major factors for the second world war in the first place. And that Britain had a big hand in setting the terms of that treaty.
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The British government were undeniably slow to act, as indeed the Americans were.
Yes, but they could not know how much of a fault it was. In fact the appeasement was a very noble strategy aiming at preventing any war. Maybe today we are smarter...
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I can say hello in tamil Venakamin...hehehe! im so cultured!
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
You're forgetting that the Treaty of Versailles (sp) was one of the major factors for the second world war in the first place. And that Britain had a big hand in setting the terms of that treaty.
yeh, ok, and then neglecting enforcement of that treaty. then equally couldt me say that the french and the italians were to blame?
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Yes again, but they did not intend to push Germany into a new war! Of course Germany could not pay the reparations but the results could in no way be predicted.
pugnacious
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilmissnaughty)
my urdu is appalin

all i can sey is what my name is
peace b with you
welcome
good day
thank you

lol, that is more than most ppl can say! wer did u learn it from?
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wow... GCSE. :rolleyes:
It was a joke...i dont think he got it...but whatever...
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
Yes, but they could not know how much of a fault it was. In fact the appeasement was a very noble strategy aiming at preventing any war. Maybe today we are smarter...
yeh, we go to march out to fight some asians that happen to house a few terrorists. america is no smarter, quite the opposite :rolleyes:
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
say them Pug! Tell us all MissNaughty mentioned in urdu.
lilmissnaughty
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
a 1 day language course, ma friend mum, she is pakistani, and a fit takeaway guy, lol

xxx
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
yeah, but Lloyd George was the only one of the main leaders to have any sort of good idea of how it should have been done. But France wanted revenge and USA wanted to be soft, so a dodgy compromise was struck.

BTW, to anyone who does/did gcse history, do/did they find it to be incredibly biased at all?
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
yeah, but Lloyd George was the only one of the main leaders to have any sort of good idea of how it should have been done. But France wanted revenge and USA wanted to be soft, so a dodgy compromise was struck.

BTW, to anyone who does/did gcse history, did they find it to be incredibly biased at all?
yeh, properly biased
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

BTW, to anyone who does/did gcse history, did they find it to be incredibly biased at all?
The compromise as you put it, was the defining factor for Hitler's rise to power.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
The compromise as you put it, was the defining factor for Hitler's rise to power.
indeed it was
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
BTW, to anyone who does/did gcse history, do/did they find it to be incredibly biased at all?
What do you mean by "biased"? You can only say that the list of things we have to look at is biased...

And remember our teachers would have had choices between several specifications. We're doing "Modern World History". I remember our choices book in year 9 said there were several possible things they may choose, such as the American Wild West.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
or the fact that the entante countries sat back and watched him break all their conditions without lifting a finger.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
What do you mean by "biased"? You can only say that the list of things we have to look at is biased...

And remember our teachers would have had choices between several specifications. We're doing "Modern World History". I remember our choices book in year 9 said there were several possible things they may choose, such as the American Wild West.
im not doing gcse nazi germany or ww2, but i did it yr 9 and it was biased then.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (239)
61.76%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.65%
No- I want it (104)
26.87%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.72%

Watched Threads