Should we forgive the germans or not Watch

This discussion is closed.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
The same way you dont smell the death of the Palestinians. Didnt see the millions of people being evacuated. Didnt 'suspect' a thing. Didnt hear the screams...

History is repeating itself gemgems...you want the Palestinians to back down and settle for peace. Did the Jews forgive the millions of Germans who had nothing to do with the Holocaust? NO YOU SKIMMED MORE THAN YOUR FAIR SHARE OF REPARATIONS FROM GERMANY!
The Jews can't forgive the Nazis from the Holocaust. Not the Germans! The Germans that had no involvment with the Holocaust don't need to be forgiven because it wasn't them! The Jews don't forgive the Nazis!

And what's it got to do with the Palestinians?!
The reason why we can't "smell the death of Palestinians" is because they're not the ones dying! They're not the ones that went through death camps and gas chambers being tortured! They're not the ones that lost 6 million people! They're not the ones that caught disease. They're not the ones that starved to death. They're not the ones that turned into skeletons! Think about it..
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
The Jews can't forgive the Nazis from the Holocaust. Not the Germans! The Germans that had no involvment with the Holocaust don't need to be forgiven because it wasn't them! The Jews don't forgive the Nazis!
The Nazis were comprised of Germans, voted in by Germans.
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
What do you mean by "biased"? You can only say that the list of things we have to look at is biased...

And remember our teachers would have had choices between several specifications. We're doing "Modern World History". I remember our choices book in year 9 said there were several possible things they may choose, such as the American Wild West.
comparing stuff we did on Hitler's rise to power and the limited amount of stuff we did on WW1, to what I know from my own reading, the GCSE stuff is incredibly biased - in the way that it is tought (which to be fair is down to the teacher), and some of what is taught. Oh, and the way in which whole chunks of things which reflect badly on Britain are removed.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
The Nazis were comprised of Germans, voted in by Germans.
Yes, but we don't hate Germans that had no involvment in the Holocaust. I have nothing against Germans. It wasn't their fault that it happened. Only the Germans that lived over half a century ago that followed Hitler and the Nazis and killed people shouldn't be forgiven.

Like I said earlier, it's not our duty to forgive. We can't forgive people that did something to someone else. "Only the dead can forgive"
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
comparing stuff we did on Hitler's rise to power and the limited amount of stuff we did on WW1, to what I know from my own reading, the GCSE stuff is incredibly biased - in the way that it is tought (which to be fair is down to the teacher), and some of what is taught. Oh, and the way in which whole chunks of things which reflect badly on Britain are removed.
Really? Well our teacher isn't like that.

We looked at all appeasement and all that which reflects badly on Britain. And you can only blame teaching on the teacher, not the specification of work which builds the actual GCSE.

What stuff do you think has been removed?
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, but we don't hate Germans that had no involvment in the Holocaust. I have nothing against Germans. It wasn't their fault that it happened. Only the Germans that lived over half a century ago that followed Hitler and the Nazis and killed people shouldn't be forgiven.

Like I said earlier, it's not our duty to forgive. We can't forgive people that did something to someone else. "Only the dead can forgive"
WHATEVER!! BUT WE CAN BLAME YOU FOR THE DEATH OF THE PALESTINIANS?
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
Yes again, but they did not intend to push Germany into a new war! Of course Germany could not pay the reparations but the results could in no way be predicted.
There were a group of Naval Officers stationed on Christmas Island when the news was broadcast over the wireless. A Rear Admiral who was there grunted and made comment that they had just set the ball in motion for another large scale war. There was murmur of assentment that went around the room from the other officers who had gathered to listen to the broadcast. I just can't believe that they honestly thought there wouldn't be another war. It was plainly obvious to a small bunch of serving officers, and yet politicians just couldn't fathom such an idea. Merely wanting revenge on an entire population in France's case, yet it was revenge for the acts of a few men. Sad.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Ah, people are still associating the Holocaust with ordinary Germans today!?

I don't see how it's possible to forgive someone who killed that many people out of sheer brutality. Especially when they thought genocide would make a better Germany.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No! What's this got to do with the Palestinians, exactly? Would you care to explain yourself?
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ah, people are still associating the Holocaust with ordinary Germans today!?
No, just the opposite.

I don't see how it's possible to forgive someone who killed that many people out of sheer brutality. Especially when they thought genocide would make a better Germany.
Exactly.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Really? Well our teacher isn't like that.

We looked at all appeasement and all that which reflects badly on Britain. And you can only blame teaching on the teacher, not the specification of work which builds the actual GCSE.

What stuff do you think has been removed?
cant think of much off the top of my head :P

urm, they didnt teach us about the way the British treated Germans when war was declared, and stuff like that.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Like I've also said numerous times. I just didn't like the fact that you were separating the Germans from the Nazis.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OI!

I don't like your wording. Who's "YOU" in this sentence? Are you referring to Gems personally?

Are you generalising Jews here?

Are you talking about people with specific viewpoints?

How the hell are any of these groups responsible for the deaths of Palestinians? Harmless deportation at the worst, that lead from the formation of a new country with good reason.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Like I've also said numerous times. I just didn't like the fact that you were separating the Germans from the Nazis.
Well, the Nazis were the ones involved. Germans today are not.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm aware of that. Please note my previous posts.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, the Nazis were the ones involved.
The Nazis were Germans.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
cant think of much off the top of my head :P

urm, they didnt teach us about the way the British treated Germans when war was declared, and stuff like that.
It isn't really relevant though. The spec requires us to know about the causes of WWII and life in Germany at the time. It isn't a complete knowledge of everything.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think Bigcnee thought you were making a segregation of the Germans and NAZIs of Germany in the 30s and 40s
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OI!

I don't like your wording. Who's "YOU" in this sentence? Are you referring to Gems personally?

Are you generalising Jews here?

Are you talking about people with specific viewpoints?

How the hell are any of these groups responsible for the deaths of Palestinians? Harmless deportation at the worst, that lead from the formation of a new country with good reason.
Exactly, I could go into an Israel-Palestine arguement now but this isn't the right thread to do it and I don't have the patience to try and argue over things that I can't change. All I know is, the Israelis want peace, and the Palestinians don't. I can say as much as I want but nothing will change your opinions so it's pointless. I have my opinion, you have yours. I just want peace in Israel.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I think Bigcnee thought you were making a segregation of the Germans and NAZIs of Germany in the 30s and 40s
Indeed I do.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads