Should we forgive the germans or not Watch

This discussion is closed.
horrorboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ddan)
its been i very long time since the holacaust and as today if the holicaust rememberance day do u think we should forive the germans or not for wat they did to the jewish ppl and all the ppl dat got killed in auschwitz and birkenau. 6 million ppl got killed so is it time 2 forgive or not.
yes coz for 1 its not the ppl of todays fault and secondly black ppl forgive us for wot we did to them a v long time ago involving slavery. i know its a while back but so will the holocaust be.
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
It isn't really relevant though. The spec requires us to know about the causes of WWII and life in Germany at the time. It isn't a complete knowledge of everything.
it is slightly relevant, but anyway, the spec doesnt seem to have *anything* that is remotely derogatory towards Britain, which seems a little biased.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
The Nazis were Germans.
They were indeed, do you want a badge for that?

But they weren't the same people as those today. Not one ex-Nazi is still alive and still thinking those things. Okay, we have watched videos in history with people who used to be Nazis talking about how the media affected them, and about how they understand they can't be forgiven for the stuff that went on.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I think Bigcnee thought you were making a segregation of the Germans and NAZIs of Germany in the 30s and 40s
I see. Well, the segregation of Germans in the 30s and 40s to the Germans today then.
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
BTW, to anyone who does/did gcse history, do/did they find it to be incredibly biased at all?
Biased in what way? Towards the British? Against Nazis? Against Germans?

I don't think my course was particularly biased. It was quite sympathetic towards ordinary Germans, and critical of the English where necessary. This may however have something to do with the fact that we are Irish.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Shut up.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

But they weren't the same people as those today. Not one ex-Nazi is still alive and still thinking those things. Okay, we have watched videos in history with people who used to be Nazis talking about how the media affected them, and about how they understand they can't be forgiven for the stuff that went on.
http://www.americannaziparty.com/

i think there are still a few nazis around fish.

There are a few original nazis still alive too.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I know!

But they aren't associated with the German population as a whole, are they?
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know!

But they aren't associated with the German population as a whole, are they?
no, but like someone has been saying, the German population were well aware that the Holocaust was happening (reputable companies like Mercedes, Volkswagen and Siemens even employed slave labour from the concentration camps)
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Thankfully, anyone who goes out saying that the NAZI idea was right, is quickly quashed by the general public as nutters.
lilmissnaughty
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
neo nazis are, however on the increase in germany, sadly :mad:

they are similar to englands so called scallys in appearance

xxx
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
The Jews can't forgive the Nazis from the Holocaust. Not the Germans! The Germans that had no involvment with the Holocaust don't need to be forgiven because it wasn't them! The Jews don't forgive the Nazis!

Well i think the world cant forgive a certain
And what's it got to do with the Palestinians?!
The reason why we can't "smell the death of Palestinians" is because they're not the ones dying! They're not the ones that went through death camps and gas chambers being tortured! They're not the ones that lost 6 million people! They're not the ones that caught disease. They're not the ones that starved to death. They're not the ones that turned into skeletons! Think about it..
Well Gemgems...they had their land taken of them, they have their homes being destroyed...I mean you think about it...watching your family slowly dying in the cold. No food to feed their families, no shelter. No schools for their children to go to because of the curfews. Girls being raped, boys being beaten up - torture! And over the last 80 or so years since the signing of Balfour’s declaration I think more than 6 million Palestinians have died at the hands of the Israelis. (And how can we be so sure that 6 million died? We can’t really...it’s just a guess)

Seriously Id rather die than live a **** dead end life.

And funny how Palestinians are not the ones 'dying'....who are?!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilmissnaughty)
neo nazis are, however on the increase in germany, sadly :mad:

they are similar to englands so called scallys in appearance

xxx
Something like the Blackshirts?
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
Well Gemgems...they had their land taken of them, they have their homes being destroyed...I mean you think about it...watching your family slowly dying in the cold. No food to feed their families, no shelter. No schools for their children to go to because of the curfews. Girls being raped, boys being beaten up - torture! And over the last 80 or so years since the signing of Balfour’s declaration I think more than 6 million Palestinians have died at the hands of the Israelis. (And how can we be so sure that 6 million died? We can’t really...it’s just a guess)

So you're denying that 6 million people were killed? If that's so explain to all the families today that have missing relatives! You know, denying the holocaust is an offence. I know you're not denying it exactly but you are certainly implying that 6 million didn't die when there is proof and evidence. The Nazis even tried to destroy all the evidence by burning their bodies! I think it's absolutely appalling how you can deny that.

As for the Israel-Palestinian bit...

*read the "Israel" thread* because it's all been said there. You say the Palestinians are dying? What about all the innocent Israelis that have died by suicide bombs?

Israel has offered several peace treaties and offered land, but they refused. And do you know what else makes me sick? When the Iran earthquake happened, Israel offered them help which is truely kind, and what did Iran do? Refuse it!!! Refuse it!!
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)

Thank you so much. There are not many people here speaking like you.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
Thank you so much. There are not many people here speaking like you.
yes, thankfully the majority of the forum abstain from talking complete rubbish.

and what happened to that "historical conscience" of yours?
or does it not apply to Jews, or the West or non-Arabs?
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
The Nazis were Germans.
and the crusaders were english and they commited more widespread suffering than the nazis.
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
yes, thankfully the majority of the forum abstain from talking complete rubbish.

and what happened to that "historical conscience" of yours?
or does it not apply to Jews, or the West or non-Arabs?
Missed you vienna

What are you talking about? Maybe I am tired and just dont get it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads