Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a conditional place at Bradford University for Child Nursing. Unfortunately I had a fixed penalty on my driving licence and have declared this on my CRB application.
    They have pulled me up on it and asked me to send a statement of the event, which I did straightaway. However, I made a mistake on the statement declaring that I had three points on my licence from the penalty, when in fact I have 6. They have asked me for my driving licence which I have sent in. They have said they will let me know a decision soon.
    I have had two CRB forms done 2 years after the offence and they have come back clear even after declaring this event on the form.
    Can anyone tell me if they have encountered anything like this before and if this means I now wont get a place?? I am very worried that they will take the place off of me for this......

=.( very upset

ReputationRep:
    This shouldn't affect you; but im not 100% positive.

It's a motoring offence and therefore shouldnt really influence University applications for working with children. I'm sure they'd be looking for more pressing matters that involve any incidents with children.

However saying you have 3, when in fact you have 6, they may find you iffy for lying.

ReputationRep:
    Best thing to do is to contact the university and explain the mistake, but agreed, this shouldn't affect your placement as they will be looking for assault charges and the like

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.