ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basketofsnakes)
    islamic state

rip great britain
    Er...BNP coming to power is more probable than islamic state lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    Some examples you could answer is:
    economy,inflation,crime,environm ent,education, culture, racism, lifestyle, technology etc
    Let me adjust your list a bit

Politics : A more conservative government than ever before

Economy : Slightly worse than it is today

Inflation : Quite high.

Unemplyment: Reasonable high - 10 - 12%

Environment : Mass emphasis on wind farms will see them cropping up more and more. Yeh I'll let you get away with that...

Education : Uni fees at 12k, IB and Pre-U slowly taking over from A-Levels, beginning to see the effects of compulsory education until 18

Culture : About the same as today but more mixed race people than ever before.

Racism : Will be just as rife but even less acceptable.

Lifestyle : Quite a lot will change.

Technology : Fusion power possible.

Geopolitical: Middle East has various wars going on due to dwindling oil reserves. Britain obviously involved in it aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Just updating the forum a bit, do you all agree of what you have written before?

And does anybody else have any thoughts about Britian in 9 yrs from now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnobe)
    A more mixed raced nation HOPEFULLY.

Hopefully the tories will have failed on their immigration policy, should they have two terms.

If it's not less than 80%-85% white I will be going nuts. We need to keep working towards a mixed raced nation.
    What difference does peoples race make to anybody? Why would you want less white people specifically and why do you think it is a good thing? I guess racism is OK as long as it's directed towards white people ey?

Edit: To answer OPs question. Probably more Americanised and more corrupt than it is today, with more government control in people's lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    Some examples you could answer is:
    economy,inflation,crime,environm ent,education, culture, racism, lifestyle, technology etc

Politics : Labour government

Economy : Stronger than it is today. Employment will be around 5%

Inflation : A 500ml bottle of coca-cola will cost £1.50. A freddo will be 25p

Environment : Mass emphasis on wind farms will see them cropping up more and more.

Education : Uni fees at 12k, IB and Pre-U slowly taking over from A-Levels, beginning to see the effects of compulsory education until 18

Culture : Not much different. Probably more ethnic culture prevalent in society.

Racism : Will be just as rife but even less acceptable.

Lifestyle : Not much will have changed.

Technology : the iPhone 10 will have bluetooth and flash
    How is 5% employment stronger than today? :P Somebody must have ****ed up big time if only 5% of people are in work (I suppose it's the effect of those Tory cuts and the reason for the Labour government being voted in!)

ReputationRep:
    Much how it looks now in all honesty. Getting out of this financial crisis could take that long.

ReputationRep:
    I predict that the world, (in 2020) will blow up into a million-ga-zillion pieces and then, humans there will be no more.

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planar)
    It depends on who is in power. Hopefully it'll be John Redwood as PM in 2020. One can dream...
    *shudders at the thought of that slimeball in charge*

ReputationRep:
    Wow, 2020 is only 9 years away!

ReputationRep:
    Under the NWO oooooh

ReputationRep:
    Would you prefer to be taken over by the Chinese or Islam. I've made my bed (literally) by marry a Chinese girl so The CPC > Allah any day of the week for me!

ReputationRep:
    It will continue it's current deterioration, but will just about hang in as a 'world player'. Crime will of course increase as the ethnic minority populations increase in number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muscovite)
    *shudders at the thought of that slimeball in charge*
    Redwood has his faults, but how exactly is he a slimeball?

ReputationRep:
    Beige

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.