Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please post the summary of an essay about sexual ethics in relation to ethical theories... any area of it is fine although I think homosexuality and pre-marital sex are unlikely to come up... I'm not sure how they would word a question either. I think I am mainly uncertain about structure.
    As you can probably tell I am just going over my notes and checking every topic, hence all the requests.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna Louise)
    i personally think both attributes of God and attributes of God will come up. That and life after death and either religious experience or revelation of scripture.. but apparently religious experience, miracles and revelation of scripture are merged but i'm not entirely sure !

anyways i'm putting my bets on life after death coming up and religious language so going to make sure i know those two uber well ! and then am going to have a look over religious experience. really wouldn't want to answer on attributes of God or revelation of scripture.. though i definitely think attributes will come up !

obviously i can't me entirely sure, so don't shoot the messenger ! hahaa :P hope this helps

Revelation through scripture came up in Janurary and we were rushed through it because of this..great :P
    I haven't even had a chance to study life after death (another teacher "thing" grr) properly so I cut that out, I know all the rest pretty thoroughly so hopefully I can do it. I'm now scared of a life after death and a revelation through scripture q coming up and me having no choice. Thank you though have you done the ethics unit already? I thought everyone did then I came to TSR and..they didnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philly.tidd)
    Can someone please post the summary of an essay about sexual ethics in relation to ethical theories... any area of it is fine although I think homosexuality and pre-marital sex are unlikely to come up... I'm not sure how they would word a question either. I think I am mainly uncertain about structure.
    As you can probably tell I am just going over my notes and checking every topic, hence all the requests.
    Thanks!

PM me this and I'll send you a couple after I have me dinner I only have util. and natural law (which came up in Jan, linked to pre martital sex of all things) but hopefully they'll be helpful structurally.

ReputationRep:
    These websites are also good for OCR ethics and philosophy:
    http://a2withkomilla.blogspot.com/p/contents-page.html
    http://kdkchadha.blogspot.com/p/cont...this-blog.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clementinemary)
    Revelation through scripture came up in Janurary and we were rushed through it because of this..great :P
    I haven't even had a chance to study life after death (another teacher "thing" grr) properly so I cut that out, I know all the rest pretty thoroughly so hopefully I can do it. I'm now scared of a life after death and a revelation through scripture q coming up and me having no choice. Thank you though have you done the ethics unit already? I thought everyone did then I came to TSR and..they didnt
    I would advise you try and study the rest of religious experience. Revelation is unlikely to come up as it came up in January, but something else in religious experience might come up (revelation is only a small part of it)

Lucky that you have already got ethics out of the way though Most of us have to sit them both back to back...full three hours of philosophy and ethics - yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clementinemary)
    i was only thinking revelation because it's only been up the once but that is true it has been up on last january's paper so why ask on it again ? i'm not personally going to revise it either ! hahaa ohh dearr the old 'teacher thing' , i have the same problem, my philosopher teacher, as lovely as she is, was not the best ! i'm afraid to say i spent a lot of her lessons catching up on any sleep i'd lost throughout the week hahaa !

well if you know everything else you will definitely be fine i think attributes will definitely be up, like 90% sure, and you said you know that topic well ! and then i'd say there's a good chance religious experience will come up !

hahahaa nahh don't be scared ! i don't know for certain, obviously, but if you have time i would advise maybe having a quick look at life after death !

nope got in on monday too ! soo not looking forward to it have you already done it ? how did you find it ? i'm praying that meta-ethics and possibly free will and determinism will be up.. not to confident free will will be up though ! so going to revise those two and sexual ethics, and have a look at virtue and business if i have time.. godd really wasn't planning on cutting so much out but i've just totally run out of time ! got english the next day, and french the day after, and i need to go up a grade on french, or any chance of me doing law at a london uni will be forgotten soo stressful !

ReputationRep:
    If I learn Business ethics do I have to learn environmental ethics aswell or just knowing on good enough?

ReputationRep:
    Also, how many pages do you guys use up on an essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No.1 Loner)
    If I learn Business ethics do I have to learn environmental ethics aswell or just knowing on good enough?
    knowing one is good enough ! they never ask a question on both, or it seems it from the past papers.

ReputationRep:
    okay soo i've spent quite a bit of time on religious language. what do people think the likely hood of this topic coming up ? it's been on every time so i was thinking relatively high, they've asked on paul tillich maybe they may ask on wittgenstein this time of flew or ayer etc. etc.

but would you carrie on, if you were me, revising religious language and making sure you know it back to front, or move onto religious experience ? which i also think there's a chance of coming up !
    please help, i'm at risk of failing !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna Louise)
    okay soo i've spent quite a bit of time on religious language. what do people think the likely hood of this topic coming up ? it's been on every time so i was thinking relatively high, they've asked on paul tillich maybe they may ask on wittgenstein this time of flew or ayer etc. etc.

but would you carrie on, if you were me, revising religious language and making sure you know it back to front, or move onto religious experience ? which i also think there's a chance of coming up !
    please help, i'm at risk of failing !
    There is so much they could ask, I think it is quite likely. Same applies to religious experience, so I would revise that as well quite thoroughly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ineluctable)
    There is so much they could ask, I think it is quite likely. Same applies to religious experience, so I would revise that as well quite thoroughly.
    okay thank you but you don't think religious language is a complete waste of time ? i'm already cutting out attributes of God, revelation of scripture, and due to a total lack of time now miracles.. fml !

am really hoping life after death and religious language come up though.. otherwise i'm screwed come monday !

ReputationRep:
    funny you said that because i am just doing miracles now.. cutting out revelation scripture PREDICTION PEOPLPE? xxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Are there any scholars which argue the libertarian (non-compatibalist) approach to free will? I only have Kant in my notes... it seems like such a weak theory
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by purplefrog)
    Are there any scholars which argue the libertarian (non-compatibalist) approach to free will? I only have Kant in my notes... it seems like such a weak theory
    Kant is more soft determinism.

Hume is a libertarian if you accept his definition that requires causality as acceptable for libertarians.

ReputationRep:
    I have heard that the attributes of God is likely to come up.

Has anyone got any essay titles for the eternal God?

Please and thank you

ReputationRep:
    who is the main philosopher associated with ethical naturalism? and does anyone have a quote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieax)
    funny you said that because i am just doing miracles now.. cutting out revelation scripture PREDICTION PEOPLPE? xxxxxxxxx
    there's just far too much ! at least let us sit them on separate days, i mean ocr come on, play nice ! hahaa :P

well if someone put a gun to my head and demanded a prediction for both papers.. gotta inject some life into this subject :P hahaa ! then i'd be inclined to say:

life after death, religious language, attributes of god, and religious experience

can't decide between religious experience and revelation though, i think religious experience would be up over miracles though because i'm sure miracles was on in january, that or the paper before.

and then for ethics:

i'm confident for meta-ethics coming up and sexual ethics, business ethics... again it could be environment, i can't quite make my mind up ! and then maybe free will and determinism :/ but it could maybe be conscience. don't think it would be virtue ethics though.

what does everyone else think ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplefrog)
    Yeah, I agree with Noodlzzz in saying that Kant is a soft-determinist. I've got Inwagen and his Analogy of the road, with him saying libertarianism is like a road with many sideroads coming off it, you've got lots of choices. Then Satre's idea of humans being created for no particular purpose, so we create our own purpose (therefore we are free and 100% morally responsible for our choices/actions).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by philly.tidd)
    who is the main philosopher associated with ethical naturalism? and does anyone have a quote?
    F. H. Bradley

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.