Turn on thread page Beta

teenage rules make no sense watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do teenagers presume that all others MUST accept them or respect them? Small penis, perhaps? Scared of the reality of life (reality is subjective, and but there is one true reality, right?)

ReputationRep:
    You (OP) need to realise that not all teenagers are exactly identical, and that using stupid generalisations is just as juvenile as the thing you complain about.

ReputationRep:
    When you get to that age your body starts to change and you go through puberty, and so this creates a lot of hormones. So all these sudden hormones and the changes can make a person really self-conscious - even if they seem like the most confident person in the world. As a result, I guess it's all about counter-balancing that. They feel wanted. I wouldn't say it's a MUST but a want or even a need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    You (OP) need to realise that not all teenagers are exactly identical, and that using stupid generalisations is just as juvenile as the thing you complain about.
    That's PC *******s. Please prove how teens are different or even tolerate difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    When you get to that age your body starts to change and you go through puberty, and so this creates a lot of hormones. So all these sudden hormones and the changes can make a person really self-conscious - even if they seem like the most confident person in the world. As a result, I guess it's all about counter-balancing that. They feel wanted. I wouldn't say it's a MUST but a want or even a need.
    Is this medically proven? Or just your own opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Why do teenagers presume that all others MUST accept them or respect them? Small penis, perhaps? Scared of the reality of life (reality is subjective, and but there is one true reality, right?)
    Not all teenagers are guys

ReputationRep:
    Is this medically proven? Or just your own opinion?
    Why would how a teenager interacts with other teenagers be of interest to the medical profession :p:?

No, it has been investigated but on a more linguistic level. It was either by Jeremy Harmer or Julian Edge

ReputationRep:
    Why would how a teenager interacts with other teenagers be of interest to the medical profession :p:?
    Because they're human beings? Duh..

ReputationRep:
    That's PC *******s. Please prove how teens are different or even tolerate difference.
    1st teenager

• Wears goth type clothing
    • Likes Heavy Metal Music
    • Is into tattoos and piercings
    • Doesn't care about life but also doesn't disrupt the lives of others

2nd teenager

• Wears chav clothing - burberry etc
    • Likes Dubstep/Hip Hop/Rap
    • Likes drugs and binge drinking
    • Likes the idea of victimising people and destroying other peoples properties

3rd teenager

• Wears clothes of basic styles
    • Likes most music as long as its decent
    • Doesn't do drugs, likes drinking now and then
    • Just gets on with day to day life

4th teenager

• Wears whatever they feel like
    • Likes any music
    • Doesn't do drugs or drink
    • Loves sports and dedicated to that particular sport and gets on with life without causing harm to others

See how people of any age can differentiate?

(also, im not generalising all chavs as being vandals etc, its just an example to prove that people are different regardless of age and that teenagers too can be different in mentality and their view of life).

ReputationRep:
    I thought teenagers despised rules and broke them?

ReputationRep:
    Because they're human beings? Duh..
    No it's human behaviour. Medicine is interested in medical things, not why that girl in year 11 talks like that to her best friend, and dresses the way she does, but the girl in year 11 in an entirely different city does the same thing. This is where the psychologists, sociologists, linguists etc. come in.

ReputationRep:
    :music:Teenage rules are ****ed and boring... :music:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    1st teenager

2nd teenager

3rd teenager

4th teenager

• Likes any music
    • Loves sports and dedicated to that particular sport and gets on with life without causing harm to others

(also, im not generalising all chavs as being vandals etc, its just an example to prove that people are different regardless of age and that teenagers too can be different in mentality and their view of life).
    PC *******s again. I think teenagers don't have much defined sense of individuality. In school, there is a need to conform. Most teenagers judge others on their music tastes, and teenagers who don't drink or do drugs are seen as geeky/weird. Can you prove anything outside your own warped/self-righteous opinion?

ReputationRep:
    is this guy for real

ReputationRep:
    No it's human behaviour. Medicine is interested in medical things, not why that girl in year 11 talks like that to her best friend, and dresses the way she does, but the girl in year 11 in an entirely different city does the same thing. This is where the psychologists, sociologists, linguists etc. come in.
    lol.... Behaviour can impact on physiological abnormality, which is what medicine focused on, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
    is this guy for real
    Well prove me wrong. You say that teenagers are different, but I see little evidence of that. If you met somebody in school who liked Puccini, would you accept it, or would most people baulk at it? If you're so serious about individuality, it shouldn't be the case, right?

ReputationRep:
    1st teenager

2nd teenager

3rd teenager

4th teenager

• Likes any music

I'm THIS! I don't like rap but I do like hip hop and various other

ReputationRep:
    1st teenager

Goth music isn't metal. Just saying.

OP is a poor troll.

ReputationRep:
    Can you prove anything outside your own warped/self-righteous opinion?
    Can you?

I don't understand what point you're trying to make?

Are you trying to say that all teenagers buckle under peer-pressure? Yeah they do. You can say that they don't but they all do, be it by not admitting they actually like/don't like a certain thing or if it's forcing them to do something they don't want to do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for somebody to prove me wrong. What, you cannot substantiate your own arguments?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.