Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were going to leave...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sy091392)
    ahh medicine, that famous study of 'human beings'....
    look up 'teenage rules in a medical journal and see how far it gets you.
    There is no such thing as rules, whether teenage or otherwise.

OP, why must we not show respect to/accept each other?
    Humans are not always kind or accommodating, who doesn't know that? lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    That's PC *******s. Please prove how teens are different or even tolerate difference.
    Go a long to your local old people's home and have a conversation with them, then go have one with your mates. You'll see that teenagers are a hell of a lot more tolerant of difference than older generations.

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as proof. Everyone knows that.
    Why did you ask for proof then?

Proof is used to mean empirical objective evidence, everyone knows that.

ReputationRep:
    there is no such thing as evidence, because all perception is subjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    Go a long to your local old people's home and have a conversation with them, then go have one with your mates. You'll see that teenagers are a hell of a lot more tolerant of difference than older generations.
    Older people lived in a more prejudiced area. I already said that there is no such thing as uniformity.

ReputationRep:
    Well prove me wrong. You say that teenagers are different, but I see little evidence of that. If you met somebody in school who liked Puccini, would you accept it, or would most people baulk at it? If you're so serious about individuality, it shouldn't be the case, right?
    all i've typed was 'is this guy for real'.

i'm sure once you leave the bubble that is school you'll gain some more intelligence

ReputationRep:
    PC *******s again. I think teenagers don't have much defined sense of individuality. In school, there is a need to conform. Most teenagers judge others on their music tastes, and teenagers who don't drink or do drugs are seen as geeky/weird. Can you prove anything outside your own warped/self-righteous opinion?
    Lmfao you're so ridiculous. People have different personalities, granted some are fairly generic, but people of any age are different. For example, I'm 16, I'm into politics, current affairs, the theatre, art galleries as well as hair, makeup and shopping and horseriding. It's not stereotypical of a teenager to be interested in world affairs and politics, but I am. Whilst there are similarities between myself and other teens, there are also differences, sometimes vast ones. For example, I'm the farthest thing from a chav. Even if they're the same age as me, I'll have more in common with my parents friends who are about 50 than I will with them.

ReputationRep:
    people are different, who cares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
    all i've typed was 'is this guy for real'.

i'm sure once you leave the bubble that is school you'll gain some more intelligence
    I'm at uni, and in early 20s life, there are no rules and absolutes.

ReputationRep:
    OP is trollin' and contradicting himself to aggravate people, e.g. "I'm waiting for proof" and "there's no such thing as proof". Looks like it's working. I'd ignore.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody is truly consistent.
    The point you made was a fairly significant part of your argument, did you forget about it or just discount it and move on?

ReputationRep:
    Why do teenagers presume that all others MUST accept them or respect them? Small penis, perhaps? Scared of the reality of life (reality is subjective, and but there is one true reality, right?)
    You was a teenager once. They are not all are the same. Just like all adults are not the same. You get good and bad people in every walk of life. Deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Why do teenagers presume that all others MUST accept them or respect them? Small penis, perhaps? Scared of the reality of life (reality is subjective, and but there is one true reality, right?)
    obvious troll is obvious

ReputationRep:
    I'm at uni, and in early 20s life, there are no rules and absolutes.
    i believe you sir are telling fibs :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Cat Lady)
    OP is trollin' and contradicting himself to aggravate people, e.g. "I'm waiting for proof" and "there's no such thing as proof". Looks like it's working. I'd ignore.
    Human beings are dual, get over it. Most attitudes in modern society are dualistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smophy)
    You was a teenager once. They are not all are the same. Just like all adults are not the same. You get good and bad people in every walk of life. Deal with it.
    I "was" a teenager once, granted. Nevertheless, of course everybody is different. Who would say otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    Human beings are dual, get over it. Most attitudes in modern society are dualistic.
    hah there's a difference between having mixed opinions about things and contradictory opinions of the same things - in other words, our opinions can't be paradoxical otherwise you really have no opinion at all e.g. "I love waffles because they are healthy" and "I hate waffles because they are unhealthy" can't be had by the same person at the same time unless they are ReTaRdEd....

I know you're just avin a laarrrf really

ReputationRep:
    I didn't. I had my group of friends at school. Most of my year/year below thought I was a douchebag or funny if I was taking the piss out of somebody they disliked.

ReputationRep:
    That's PC *******s. Please prove how teens are different or even tolerate difference.
    Proof is only possible in the field of mathematics.

However, to suggest that all teenagers are the same is to in effect suggest that all over-20s are the same. Unless, that is, you honestly believe that an enormous biological and psychological event happens on the exact day they turn 20 in which they differentiate into different people.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.