Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    So? Will you name any other personal characteristics that nobody cares about?
    You clearly care about the matter of respect since it is was the subject of your original post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrodiction)
    Proof is only possible in the field of mathematics.

However, to suggest that all teenagers are the same is to in effect suggest that all over-20s are the same. Unless, that is, you honestly believe that an enormous biological and psychological event happens on the exact day they turn 20 in which they differentiate into different people.
    I don't care again. I think that teenagers aren't different, but are. If they are different, then there would be no peer pressure, or certain activities seen as being geeky, or pressure to conform to cool activities. If a teen said s/he liked gardening, or sowing, then this would be mocked. An older person saying this wouldn't be as such, if at all.

I don't care again, since only a buffoon knows that people are not different. teens are different, big deal.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care again. I think that teenagers aren't different, but are. If they are different, then there would be no peer pressure, or certain activities seen as being geeky, or pressure to conform to cool activities. If a teen said s/he liked gardening, or sowing, then this would be mocked. An older person saying this wouldn't be as such, if at all.

I don't care again, since only a buffoon knows that people are not different. teens are different, big deal.
    You're typing a lot but not really saying much. You say that there would be no peer pressure against activities such as gardening if teens were different. I question the trail of logic that led you to this conclusion. Those applying the peer pressure are often from a certain social group of teenagers. The mere fact that a particular group of teenagers applies peer pressure to conform to their ideals, whilst another group doesn't apply pressure, is by no means an indication that the ideals of the pressure-applying group are somehow more reflective of teen ideals in general.

ReputationRep:
    There are no rules in life, everybody understands that.

ReputationRep:
    You're typing a lot but not really saying much. You say that there would be no peer pressure against activities such as gardening if teens were different. I question the trail of logic that led you to this conclusion. Those applying the peer pressure are often from a certain social group of teenagers. The mere fact that a particular group of teenagers applies peer pressure to conform to their ideals, whilst another group doesn't apply pressure, is by no means an indication that the ideals of the pressure-applying group are somehow more reflective of teen ideals in general.
    lol... you're a fool. If what you are saying is true, then why do plenty of people in the H&R forum post threads about how people are weird for liking xyz thing?

You're lying, admit it. Teenagers cannot perceive relative personalities.

ReputationRep:
    lol... you're a fool. If what you are saying is true, then why do plenty of people in the H&R forum post threads about how people are weird for liking xyz thing?

You're lying, admit it. Teenagers cannot perceive relative personalities.
    So you think it's weird that one person finds weird a thing that someone else doesn't find weird? Sounds like typical human nature to me.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares?

ReputationRep:
    So you think it's weird that one person finds weird a thing that someone else doesn't find weird? Sounds like typical human nature to me.
    You're lying. The H&R forum is full of people telling others they are geeks for liking such and such.

If acceptance/relativism is a good, then all likings must be respected, per definition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlobberDobber)
    Who cares?
    I don't. Everything is normal in life, yet nothing is normal and everything is subjective.

ReputationRep:
    You're lying. The H&R forum is full of people telling others they are geeks for liking such and such.

If acceptance/relativism is a good, then all likings must be respected, per definition.
    All likings must be respected by everyone? I can't think of a single demographic ir psychographic group in the entire world in which that is the case - thus, teenagers are no different in this respect to any other group.

ReputationRep:
    Ignorance clearly isn't bliss.

ReputationRep:
    All likings must be respected by everyone? I can't think of a single demographic ir psychographic group in the entire world in which that is the case - thus, teenagers are no different in this respect to any other group.
    No, if everything is relative in life, then nothing can be objectively invalid. Invalidity never really exists.

Of course, all teenagers are different, but most are exact.

ReputationRep:
    No, if everything is relative in life, then nothing can be objectively invalid. Invalidity never really exists.

Of course, all teenagers are different, but most are exact.
    In the same sense that most members of every other demographic or psychographic group are exactly the same as most other members of their groups, yes. However, these people are not exactly the same.

ReputationRep:
    No, every human being alive is exact, but we are also different.

ReputationRep:
    Just let people be who they want to be. If it doesn't hurt you, or anyone else, it shouldn't matter.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.