Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know the student loands are a good deal but at a rough guestimate, what's the interest rate on them?

I saw on another thread that someone would pay back £83k which i find hard to believe, but they didn't say for how many years at uni that was for, but still . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nix-j-c)
    I know the student loands are a good deal but at a rough guestimate, what's the interest rate on them?

I saw on another thread that someone would pay back £83k which i find hard to believe, but they didn't say for how many years at uni that was for, but still . . .
    I think it's 1.5% at the moment, but I'm not sure.

(Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    He'll know.

ReputationRep:
    It's currently at 1.5%, but this will change on the 1st September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    It's currently at 1.5%, but this will change on the 1st September.
    Or before. Its 4.4% but limited by the BoE rate +1%. On Sept 1st the 4.4% ceiling will change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nix-j-c)

2.5-3% on average over the last decade, its ranged from 0-4.8%. But its impossible to know what the future will be, theres nothing stopping them going up to 5%+

Also with the new fee system the interest rate will change (be higher than that minimum) depending on your earnings.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks - I supose even though that's bad for me . . .

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.