Turn on thread page Beta

From 9 stone to 8 stone watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Well I used to have a blog here approx 18 months ago and I lost a stone, which I have kept off. However I reallly would like to lose another stone but I am struggling to get motivated! So I've decided to set up a blog here to record everything I eat/drink and all my exercise. Knowing other people can read what I'm up to will help with motivation.

So here's the plan:

Current weight (17/3/2011): 9 stone

Target weight: 8 stone - by the end of May.

1500 calories a day

Gym 5 or 6 times a week...in addition to general cycling about the place. Probably cycle 4-6 miles a day at the moment.

Pics to follow once there's a visible difference.

Anyway I shall start updating this tomorrow and if anybody has any advice in the meantime I'd be grateful Have peeked at the 'for the girls' thread.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest after you get over the 3 day hump, you'll begin to feel guilty if you skip out on exercise. I don't bother keeping/drawing up plans because when I personally don't reach my intended target it can be a real bummer and I usually lapse.

Anyway, hope you succeed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really good at going to the gym and working hard there actually. It's my eating habits that need changing...I tend to work hard in the gym then eat ice cream because 'I deserve it' then never lose any weight "surprisingly". So yes, the gym thing is there...I'm more concerned with my eating habits.

ReputationRep:
    What height are you, out of curioisity?

ReputationRep:
    5 foot 2.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

But aren't you worried that you are going to be underweight and deemed anorexic?

Why do you want to loose this weight? Just out of curiosity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deggerz)
    Good luck

But aren't you worried that you are going to be underweight and deemed anorexic?

Why do you want to loose this weight? Just out of curiosity
    I'd have a BMI of 20 at 8 stone so within the healthy range I'd like to lose the weight as I'm quite small and petite, 9 stone feels quite big on my frame, feel quite blobby! I know I'm not fat, I'd just like to be smaller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    I'd have a BMI of 20 at 8 stone so within the healthy range
    Ah. Didnt quite know the actual BMI as I was on my iPod and I really couldnt be bothered to open the calculator :P

(Original post by Lell)
    I'm quite small and petite, 9 stone feels quite big on my frame, feel quite blobby! I know I'm not fat, I'd just like to be smaller.
    Well its a fair point Since you are fairly small (Im 6'3" im allowed to say that :P) it does make some sense to want to be a bit smaller...

Still...I wish you the best of luck

Keep us all posted

ReputationRep:
    So first day went like this...

Breakfast- porridge (two flat tablespoons of oats made up with milk) with a teaspoon of peanut butter (300ish calories?), glass of orange juice (100), tea

Lunch- chilli with rice (530), tea

Dinner- feta and spinach pastry with veggies (350)

Snacks- chocolate geobar (130), milk in tea (100), dates (100)

Total calories = 1610. Slightly above target...oops. Not sure how much 110 calories matters in light of the fact I've burned about 750-800 calories in exercise today...

Exercise- 4 miles cycling about the place, 25 minutes running on the treadmill (between 10-13 kph), 35 minutes on the x-trainer.

Feeling quite hungry actually

ReputationRep:
    Is it actually healthy, even if doing weight loss, to eat that little and do that much exercise?

But if you keep this up, you wont need to be doing it for too long :P

How long do you think it will be before you reach your goal?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know...my basal metabolic rate is about 1300, if I've burned off 700 cals today that makes 2100 for my calorie requirements = 500 calorie deficit. Which is what you're supposed to have to lose 1lb a week.

ReputationRep:
    Well its a good thing I have this topic on notify..I really like reading how you are doing

Good luck with your target!

(Original post by Lell)
    So first day went like this...

Breakfast- porridge (two flat tablespoons of oats made up with milk) with a teaspoon of peanut butter (300ish calories?), glass of orange juice (100), tea
    Wait what?

2 tablespoons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Wait what?

2 tablespoons?
    Porrige with 2 tablespoons of oats...

(Original post by Deggerz)
    Porrige with 2 tablespoons of oats...
    Right.

I'm asking if the porridge was made with just 2 tablespoons of oats.

ReputationRep:
    Right.

I'm asking if the porridge was made with just 2 tablespoons of oats.
    Yes, should it be more? Worried about portion sizes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    Sorry to butt in, but I usually put like 6 heaped table spoons of porridge in my bowl

(Original post by Lell)
    Do you mean you are worried about the portion sizes being too small or too big?

I suppose it's up to you, although 2 tablespoons wouldn't be enough for me.

I usually have about half a cup (small cup) and weight comes to 50g of oats which is about 40g carbs so it's not too much for me.

If the 2 tablespoons is genuinely enough for you and you don't find yourself hungry after a couple of hours then I suppose it's ok. As long as you're not undereating.

Btw just so you're getting enough protein, you might consider adding a couple of eggs with the porridge can be boiled or scramled.

I know you said you're worried thata you went slightly above your target calories but it might be a good idea to carry on at 1600 for a week or so and weigh yourself/take measurements so you see how you're doing. Especially if you are hungry at 1600.

I don't think you've posted in the law thread for a while, how's the GDL going?

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean you are worried about the portion sizes being too small or too big?

I suppose it's up to you, although 2 tablespoons wouldn't be enough for me.

I usually have about half a cup (small cup) and weight comes to 50g of oats which is about 40g carbs so it's not too much for me.

If the 2 tablespoons is genuinely enough for you and you don't find yourself hungry after a couple of hours then I suppose it's ok. As long as you're not undereating.

Btw just so you're getting enough protein, you might consider adding a couple of eggs with the porridge can be boiled or scramled.

I know you said you're worried thata you went slightly above your target calories but it might be a good idea to carry on at 1600 for a week or so and weigh yourself/take measurements so you see how you're doing. Especially if you are hungry at 1600.

I don't think you've posted in the law thread for a while, how's the GDL going?
    Worried about large portion sizes, it's something I've read about a lot - that portion sizes are typically a lot smaller than one might expect. 2 tbsps does fill me up, esp with the peanut butter and tea though.

Think I'll try eating 1700 on gym days if I work out for at least an hour, 1500 on other days to balance it out. I probably need to eat a bit more on the days I do a lot of exercise, I went to bed shaking the other night!

Yeah I don't tend to post there anymore, it seemed to be populated more with undergrads. I did my GDL last year, on the LPC now which is *alright* - just finished my core exams and on to electives. What stage are you at?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.