Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

From 9 stone to 8 stone watch

ReputationRep:
    So this weekend I got sick...went to the gym yesterday but couldn't do much. So I think I'll call today the first day and weigh myself next Monday.

So the day has gone:

Breakfast: half a cinammon and raisin bagel (175), boiled egg (100), tea
    Lunch-mushroom soup (250), creme egg (200)
    Snack- milk for tea (100), handful of nuts (100), muller rice (200)
    Dinner-roasted vegetable tart with veggies and half a bagel (500)

Total calories= 1625

Exercise- not much as still feel a tad unwell - cycled about 2 or 3 miles. Contemplating gym this evening but I am v.tired.

(Original post by Lell)
    Worried about large portion sizes, it's something I've read about a lot - that portion sizes are typically a lot smaller than one might expect. 2 tbsps does fill me up, esp with the peanut butter and tea though.

Think I'll try eating 1700 on gym days if I work out for at least an hour, 1500 on other days to balance it out. I probably need to eat a bit more on the days I do a lot of exercise, I went to bed shaking the other night!

Yeah I don't tend to post there anymore, it seemed to be populated more with undergrads. I did my GDL last year, on the LPC now which is *alright* - just finished my core exams and on to electives. What stage are you at?
    I'm a second year. I have exams in May and needless to say I'm bricking it a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    I'd have a BMI of 20 at 8 stone so within the healthy range I'd like to lose the weight as I'm quite small and petite, 9 stone feels quite big on my frame, feel quite blobby! I know I'm not fat, I'd just like to be smaller.
    I'm in the same position as you. I've been dieting and I'm 8st 9lbs and 5"1. Although that is a healthy enough weight for my height, I have a naturally tiny frame so even though I don't weigh loads i'm still a big girl.

It's annoying isn't it?
    Also cause we weigh less we find it harder to lose the weight

I'd do anything to be 8st. I look forward to following your progress

ReputationRep:
    Absence = had awful cold, could barely move. Went to the gym a couple of times but I think that made matters worse. Better now so starting NOW. Heading out to the gym at 9am. I still weigh 9 stone so no change there, sadly (or gladly?).

So...today:

Breakfast: porridge with peanut butter (300), green tea
    Post-gym snack: Raisins (130)
    Lunch: wholemeal bagel (250), half a tin of tuna (75), mayo (120)
    Snack: Nuts (200), milk in tea (150), chocolate (200)
    Dinner: half a bagel (150), fish and veggies (350)

Exercise: 8 miles cycling, 1 hour on the cross-trainer, 5 minutes on the stepper. Burned around 1000/1100 calories through exercise then...

Ate 2000 calories, felt that 1500 wasn't really sufficient on that amount of exercise, plus I was v.hungry and shaky.

Had a negligible amount of Lucozade Sport at the gym, not even a fifth of the bottle, so haven't counted it as it's probably under 20 calories!

ReputationRep:
    Well its good that you didnt loose loads of weight when you were ill...it wouldnt have been good

Keep up the good work and you should get your target I look forward to reading your updates

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast- half a cinnamon and raisin bagel (200)
    Lunch- tomato soup and bread (450)
    Dinner- butter chicken pie, a cookie (500)
    Snacks- a little bit of tablet (50), muller rice (200), celery and houmous (100)

Total calories=1500

Exercise - 4 miles cycling, body conditioning class at gym, 20 minutes on the x-trainer

Hmm god my diet is crap...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    Thats the down side to trying to lose weight
    If you are wanting it quick you will start to eat less and less. This can be unhealthy...

Will you keep eating this way after you have got to 8 stone?

ReputationRep:
    I really, really don't think you're eating enough and doing too much exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    Breakfast- half a cinnamon and raisin bagel (200)
    Lunch- tomato soup and bread (450)
    Dinner- butter chicken pie, a cookie (500)
    Snacks- a little bit of tablet (50), muller rice (200), celery and houmous (100)

Total calories=1500

Exercise - 4 miles cycling, body conditioning class at gym, 20 minutes on the x-trainer

You need a proper breakfast. Have some oats with fruit for example.
    Where are the fruits and vegetables? If the tomato soup was from a packet, it doesn't count. They're usually full of salt and everything BUT tomato.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galadriel100)
    You need a proper breakfast. Have some oats with fruit for example.
    Where are the fruits and vegetables? If the tomato soup was from a packet, it doesn't count. They're usually full of salt and everything BUT tomato.
    I normally have porridge but the bagel needed eating. The tomato soup was freshly made, bought it at a smoothie bar.

As for fruits and veggies...I really need to get into the habit of eating them,let's say.

Didn't update for the last two days, was busy. But I can remember roughly what happened:

Thursday: Ate approximately 2000 calories. Did 50 minutes hard cardio in the gym. Cycled 4 miles (I think?) and walked maybe a further mile. Probably ate a bit much that day but I went to Nandos with friends

Friday: Ate approximately 2000 calories again BUT I did cycle about 13 miles overall.

As per comment above, I don't think my calories are too low. In fact, I feel they are too high. I am fairly small and don't need to eat as much as some peeps

Anyway - today:

Breakfast: porridge with a sachet of Options mixed in to make it chocolatey - (285), green tea
    Snack: an orange (40)

Day off gym today.

ReputationRep:
    Had a junk food day yesterday, definitely suffering for it today, amazing the effect it has on your body!

Today:

Breakfast- porridge with peanut butter (300), orange juice (100)
    Lunch- noodles and chicken (450)
    Snacks- avocado (150), fruit and nut bar (150)

Exercise - 4 miles cycling, 20 minutes x-trainer (SO not feeling the gym today!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    Had a junk food day yesterday, definitely suffering for it today, amazing the effect it has on your body!
    What do you mean a junk food day?
    What did you have?

I love how my body works...I can have as much as possible and I wont get over 10.5 stone (im 6'3" so thats kinda thin)

I am wanting to join a gym when im 18 :P

ReputationRep:
    Urgh can somebody kick my ass into gear somehow? Yesterday was fine, not fantastic. 1700 calories, crap gym session and cycling.

Today 1200 calories so far, no gym as no time and no cycling as caught a taxi to college.

Somebody please get me motivated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    Urgh can somebody kick my ass into gear somehow? Yesterday was fine, not fantastic. 1700 calories, crap gym session and cycling.

Today 1200 calories so far, no gym as no time and no cycling as caught a taxi to college.

Somebody please get me motivated!
    Think about how summer is coming and how you don't wanna be the fattest girl sitting in the park or having to wear tights or jeans on a sooooper hot day.

I'm trying to use that idea to motivate me! I'm getting disheartened too cause i'm plateauing at 8 st 8 which is rlly annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate15)
    Think about how summer is coming and how you don't wanna be the fattest girl sitting in the park or having to wear tights or jeans on a sooooper hot day.

I'm trying to use that idea to motivate me! I'm getting disheartened too cause i'm plateauing at 8 st 8 which is rlly annoying!
    Yes yes true. I went out to a buffet the other night and was SO full after, all of yesterday I felt like I had a brick in my stomach, it was awful. I just looked at some photos of when I was travelling and about 5lbs lighter, definite difference! So I'n focusing on how confident I felt then, even though it was only 5lbs ago!

I've also bought a crop top so motivation to be able to wear it to the park I suppose

Today:

Breakfast: porridge with peanut butter (300), OJ (100)
    Lunch: Courgette and lemon pasta (500)
    Dinner:Thai green curry (350)
    Snacks:Raisins (130), options hot chocolate (50), mini milk (50)

Total calories = 1430

Exercise: 30 mins in the gym between treadmill and x-trainer. Cycled approximately 6 miles.

Was going to do more in gym but it was too hot, they won't turn the air con on grr. So I felt like I was on fire.

ReputationRep:
    Lost 2lbs so far

Took my measurements the other day. I have 33in hips and 26.5in waist, plus 32B bra size...not sure what this means really but hey ho.

Today:

Breakfast – porridge with nutella (350), tea (15)
    Lunch – goats cheese and salad pitta (300)
    Dinner -
    Snack- fresh fruit (50), yoghurt (170), raisins (130), mini milk (30)

Total calories =

Exercise – 25 minutes treadmill, 20 minutes x-trainer, 4 miles cycling

ReputationRep:
    congrats on the weightloss!

does that mean your down to 8st 12 now?

I had a rllllly bad weekend but thankfully i maintained at 8st 8

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lell, just wondering how u r getting along? I too, like you am short (5 3) an was at the end of July 9 stone. I also want to be 8 stone. In the two months of dieting and exercise I have now got my weight down to 8 stone 8 lbs. I live with my boyfriend and his family, he is a personal trainer and his mum my future mother in law is an aerobics instructor (she's 5 '3 and weighs 8 stone) talk about PRESSURE! lol, just thought I'd let you and everyone else know that I've picked up a few tips and they seem to be working. Ive lost half a stone in two months so should reach 8stone by Christmas. If you would like any help please feel free to contact me. My best advice I can give is to use a calorie counter on ur phone or laptop, I use fitness pal and it's very accurate u can enter the exercise uv done and it takes that into account too! Anyway good luck and just wanted to tell u that I completely understand wanting to be a little smaller and u r right it is perfectly healthy. My mother in law says we can get to about 8 stone 3 steadily but those last few pounds will be difficult to shift as we would be breaking down our essential fat. Though be determined it IS possible and I c the Proof everyday massive good luck and well done
    Tinks xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Just quickly wanted to add, if ur small ur max calories to STAY THE SAME WEIGHT is 1500 (a teenager or child) try dropping slightly even by 100 calories a day. so having 1400 if you don't exercise and 1500 if you do exercise. You will see a BIG difference if u eat low calorie /no butter /low fat milk cheese etc. That means u r still eating a lot but it's low cal so u don't feel hungry and you DO loose weight. hope this helps with motivation
    Tinks xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I cannot read that...

However you have reminded me I am doing very badly and need to start at this again. So I'm going to set up a new thread.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 18, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.