Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

From 9 stone to 8 stone watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    So first day went like this...

Breakfast- porridge (two flat tablespoons of oats made up with milk) with a teaspoon of peanut butter (300ish calories?), glass of orange juice (100), tea

Lunch- chilli with rice (530), tea

Dinner- feta and spinach pastry with veggies (350)

Snacks- chocolate geobar (130), milk in tea (100), dates (100)

Total calories = 1610. Slightly above target...oops. Not sure how much 110 calories matters in light of the fact I've burned about 750-800 calories in exercise today...

Exercise- 4 miles cycling about the place, 25 minutes running on the treadmill (between 10-13 kph), 35 minutes on the x-trainer.

Feeling quite hungry actually
    Eat more protein. Seriously. It'll keep you full, and lean proteins tend to be lower in calories than complex carbs (and obviously simple carbs too).

ReputationRep:
    I have a new threaad now fran.ha Thought it best to start afresh. It's called 'getting back on track'

ReputationRep:
    What do u mean u can't read it? I'm writing on an iPad that might have something to do with it, can you read this? I will write it on my pc for u tonight, let me know what ur new thread is called
    Tinks xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey Lell!!

I would recommend cutting out tea from your diet, especially if you have it with sugar and milk (an average glass of milk can contain up to 16g of sugar). Instead opt for mint tea, peppermint tea or green tea.

Also orange juice has a high calorie content and should be drank sparingly. Stick to water, water and more water! Not all fruits and veggies are 'healthy' in the way you may think. For example apples, oranges, pineapples and bananas are all actually high in calories and sugars. Best to swap the fruits for veggies such as kale, spinach and broccoli. And if you fancy some fruit, fresh blueberries and raspberries are better.

Lastly, pastry and chocolate bars/energy bars are a big no no when it comes to losing weight! They are packed full sugar. Try to think more about healthy eating, rather than counting calories. Lean and clean!!

Hope this has helped Z.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZanR)
    Hey Lell!!

I would recommend cutting out tea from your diet, especially if you have it with sugar and milk (an average glass of milk can contain up to 16g of sugar). Instead opt for mint tea, peppermint tea or green tea.

Also orange juice has a high calorie content and should be drank sparingly. Stick to water, water and more water! Not all fruits and veggies are 'healthy' in the way you may think. For example apples, oranges, pineapples and bananas are all actually high in calories and sugars. Best to swap the fruits for veggies such as kale, spinach and broccoli. And if you fancy some fruit, fresh blueberries and raspberries are better.

Lastly, pastry and chocolate bars/energy bars are a big no no when it comes to losing weight! They are packed full sugar. Try to think more about healthy eating, rather than counting calories. Lean and clean!!

Hope this has helped Z.
    Hahaha, not only is this advice completely erroneous, but you are also replying to a 3 year old thread...

I don't even understand how people find these threads to bump them :confused:.

ReputationRep:
    In July I lost a stone in 4weeks. I know this isn't healthy and this month I pretty much put all the weight back on. How do I keep the weight off? I want to start excercising but my back is really weak and I get tired after 10mins with a lot of pain, so I mainly rely on my diet to lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    Increase your resistance training to build muscle this makes your body work far more efficiently at rest. Reduce cardio to two sessions a week and get somebody to do you gym plan with good compound moves that will burn fat. Make sure you eating enough protein fats and good carbs drink lots of water and good luck.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This is a SEVEN year old thread.

Can we please look at the date that the thread was started before posting

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a Festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.