Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I live at home im 20 years old but ive worked for 3 years and supported myself, so it classed me as an independent student.. so i didnt see it was relevant to put down my mums household income.. is this correct?

    so all ive applied for is the loan for my fees and a maintenance loan, theres been no mention of a grant.. is this something my uni would look into?


    I think you're best to ring them, if you have earned over a certain amount each year (I believe it's around 7000) then you don't need to put your parents details if you live alone however if you still live with parents they might want to know the whole household income.

    Also you have to tick the box saying you want household income taken into account if you want to receive the grant.

    No uni's dont give you grants, they give you bursaries. Student finance deal with grants, and if you haven't been eligible for one you won't get one. Call them up to see if you're entitled.
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.