The Student Room Group

Chemistry HL Options- Which one should I pick?!

I already studied environmental chemistry and chemistry in industry and technology. I'm okay with environmental chem, but I'm thinking of switching over to a different option, instead of chemistry in industry and technology. Medicine and drugs looks pretty interesting, so I'm thinking of picking that. Which option do you guys think is the easiest, other than environmental chem? Is medicine and drugs one of the easier ones?
Reply 1
I would say it is easier in that it is v interesting and so its more enjoyable to revise from. I studied Medicines and Drugs for one option and the other was Biochemistry which is very easy if you are already studying Biology. My friends who hadn't studied Biology found it very difficult to understand the concept of Electrophoresis. The exam is literally regurgitating the notes and it is so easy to get the 7 here. There are little booklets that are available and contain all that you need to know for the exam. The cover has a blck strip at the top and bottom and the middle is blue if you're interested.
Reply 2
Kiitherine,
I would love to know more about the little booklets for Chemistry.
Are there more for other subjects like biology and geography?
Could you please send me a link or something to how it looks like, and tell me where i can get it from.
Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
http://www.osc-ib.com/ib-revision-guides/default.asp?categoryid=13&pageid=150&pagetitle=IB-Chemistry, our school provided ours.

We only used these for the options though, I thoroughly recommend writing out the answers to the syllabus statements in your subject and revising from them.

Finally I cannot stress enough, go through as many past papers as possible as that will give you the experience of how they word the questions and how they want you to word the answers.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending