Turn on thread page Beta

SAAS and SLC (Student Loans Company) problems watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I hope you can help me.

I'm currently having a lot of problems regarding SAAS and the SLC and have only recieved one payment of my (wrongly assessed) student loan despite there only being three more months of the academic year 2010 -2011 left to go.

Despite numerous phonecalls, re-applications and taking my issues to my MSP, neither organisation will take responsibility for their failings, continuously passing the buck back and forth.

I would really love to hear if anyone else, even in other parts of the UK, is having problems gaining access to grants, loans, bursaries, hardship allowances, travel expenses or anything of a student financial aspect of which you're entitled to.

I will keep your personal information anonymous if you wish, but I'm looking to approach the national press, so would really appreciate any examples of incompetence or delays(do you realise how much the chief executives of these companies get paid??!!).

Thanks very much,

Jules

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jingles999)
    Hi everyone!

I hope you can help me.

I'm currently having a lot of problems regarding SAAS and the SLC and have only recieved one payment of my (wrongly assessed) student loan despite there only being three more months of the academic year 2010 -2011 left to go.

Despite numerous phonecalls, re-applications and taking my issues to my MSP, neither organisation will take responsibility for their failings, continuously passing the buck back and forth.

I would really love to hear if anyone else, even in other parts of the UK, is having problems gaining access to grants, loans, bursaries, hardship allowances, travel expenses or anything of a student financial aspect of which you're entitled to.

I will keep your personal information anonymous if you wish, but I'm looking to approach the national press, so would really appreciate any examples of incompetence or delays(do you realise how much the chief executives of these companies get paid??!!).

Thanks very much,

Jules
    1. What's MSP?
    2. Yes I have had ongoing problems with the SLC not paying my tuition fees for the academic year 2010/11 due to a "system error" which prevents the fees being paid. Despite many phonecalls over the last year, the fees have not been paid and the Head of Finance at my university emailed me to say if the fees are unpaid I will not be able to continue my studies.
    3. Today I called SFE to get the contact details of the CEO. At first they said "we are a government company so we don't have a CEO." A quick google revealed otherwise. I told them this and they claimed they did not have his name or contact details.

4. CEO = Ed Lester. Secretary = Kathleen Geohegan.
    100 Bodwell Street
    Glasgow
    G2 7JD

Head office telephone no: 0141 306 2000. This gets you to switchboard and you can ask to be put through to his secretary.

5. I am also considering approach the press. There have been ongoing problems (too long to explain here) and I am getting nowhere. SFE can only tell me the complaints email: [email protected]

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.