Turn on thread page Beta

Aeroplane outfits watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm going on a loooong flight in a few weeks and I'm really stuck on what to wear. I want to be confortable, so that puts jeans out, and I want to look smart so I have a better chance of getting upgraded.

I also need to be able to wear it in a hot country so it can't be too big but I need to wear it in England for a little while so it can't be too small, preferably like a jacket that I could take off or something.

I was considering black sort of tracksuit trousers... only because they look comfy, but would they look chavvy/sloppy/stupid?

Help me wonderful fashiony people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopheh)

I was considering black sort of tracksuit trousers... only because they look comfy, but would they look chavvy/sloppy/stupid?
    No no no no no.

ReputationRep:
    why dont u dress up smart and take some tracksuit bottoms to change into on the plane. nothing is more comfy than a pair of cotton stretchy tracksuit bottoms lol. i would have died without mine when i flew to oz last summer

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm going on a loooong flight in a few weeks and I'm really stuck on what to wear. I want to be confortable, so that puts jeans out, and I want to look smart so I have a better chance of getting upgraded.

I also need to be able to wear it in a hot country so it can't be too big but I need to wear it in England for a little while so it can't be too small, preferably like a jacket that I could take off or something.

Help me wonderful fashiony people!

Its only a plane journey, nothing to stress about.

On long-haul you get your own little tv-set so the time passes massively fast. Last time I flew it was to Kenya (so, hot) and I just wore a calf-length skirt with tights (which I ended up taking off on the plane. The tights not the skirt.)

Take a lightweight jacket with you, perhaps with sleeves that you can haul up if needs be.

p.s. unless you're on your honeymoon or are old/infirm its unlikely you'll get upgraded, in my experience. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Take comfy trousers for the plane.

And socks. My feet always get chilly on planes. *shivers*

ReputationRep:
    wear those loose linen type trousers or combats are nice sometimes too, they are comfy and good for hot countries and wear a normal/nice t shirt maybe one of the polo shirt ones and a jumper becuase it gets cold on flights! Oh yer you could wear a skirt but sometimes its easier to get comfy spesh if you want to sleep in trousers instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    Its only a plane journey, nothing to stress about.

On long-haul you get your own little tv-set so the time passes massively fast. Last time I flew it was to Kenya (so, hot) and I just wore a calf-length skirt with tights (which I ended up taking off on the plane. The tights not the skirt.)

Take a lightweight jacket with you, perhaps with sleeves that you can haul up if needs be.

p.s. unless you're on your honeymoon or are old/infirm its unlikely you'll get upgraded, in my experience. :cool:
    I got upgraded both ways going to Australia and so ended up in a 3000 pound club class seat on a 600 economy ticket! If you are travelling alone (as I was), you have much more chance of getting upgraded - I used to work for a travel agency, and airlines like to upgrade people where possible as it fosters loyalty etc - its just a case of looking smart and luck ie getting a nice check-in person! Just ask nicely, I've been upgraded on 3 flights now.

I would agree with the post that recommended dressing smartly and changing on the flight - I would recommend layers, as I found I was getting hot and cold through sleeping, eating, drinking, moving around, wandering round Singapore airport on the stopover.

Have a great trip!

ReputationRep:
    ive been upgraded a couple times, some of them where becuase we knew people but on christmas eve of 1999 me and my family got upgraded just when my dad asked at the check in, that was fun we we'rnt even dressed smart!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i flew to Australia this summer so i can sympathise with the long journey you have to go through i simply wore a pair of dance pants (what you might call jogging pants :confused: basically like this http://www.topshop.co.uk/promostores...ive=yes&promo= (ok wel this link doesnt work bt if you go to trousers - casual and skip halfway along there's a pair in black with a '05' print on the front) but mine were just plain grey without any print on the back. On top i wore one of topshops £6 basic vests (the ones tht everyone owns at least one of ) in black and a black basic zipper top so that i could take it off easily (again from topshop :rolleyes: ) but of course anything similar would do! i found this combo really good because it served when i was both hot and cold! Also, you end up feeling like you;re in ur pjs which is great for comfort and sleeping! Anyway, whatever you end up wearing - have a great trip!

ReputationRep:
    can tell its the first time she's going on a plane...

ReputationRep:
    Who me? You're having a giraffe! First proper long flight - I'm going to Australia which i think is a 21/22 hour flight and the most I've done before is 12 hours.

I was just worried because I've got a stop over in Singapore where we're staying in a hotel over night so my clothes have to last me for a day walking round Singapore as well as 2 flights.

ReputationRep:
    Who me? You're having a giraffe! First proper long flight - I'm going to Australia which i think is a 21/22 hour flight and the most I've done before is 12 hours.

I was just worried because I've got a stop over in Singapore where we're staying in a hotel over night so my clothes have to last me for a day walking round Singapore as well as 2 flights.
    The airline's are usually much more generous / lenient with hand luggage on flights to Oz as they're so long and due to people doing stopovers, so you'll have enough room to take extra clothes / extra layers for Singapore etc.

ReputationRep:
    Jeans, surely? I don't have special clothes for flying.

Wear a rucksack. Keep it on your back throughout the flight. You'll have everything you need at hand.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you wear just make sure it's warm! It's freezing cold on planes cause of the altitude so keep warm and comfy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopShopper_girl)
    Whatever you wear just make sure it's warm! It's freezing cold on planes cause of the altitude so keep warm and comfy.
    indeed however i must warn u that when i flew from singapore back to england in the summer the plane remained at outside air temperature (perhaps 32 degress for a gd hour) and i seriously thought i'd die of heat exhaustion. so whilst its good to be warm, prepare for all eventualityies. however seriously, australia, u just wanna be comfy and wear something ull be able to sleep in

ReputationRep:
    If it remained at outside air temperature the plane would've been about -40 degrees... Unless you meant it was whilst you were on the ground, in which case I'll stop being pedantic.

ReputationRep:
    we were on the ground, plane delayed, then it didnt level out for a while even once we were in the air.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    Its only a plane journey, nothing to stress about
    thats what i was thinking...its not like prince william and the queen are gonna be on your flight. i didnt think people dressed up just to go on planes :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheen)
    thats what i was thinking...its not like prince william and the queen are gonna be on your flight. i didnt think people dressed up just to go on planes :confused:
    Oh my goodness if prince william was on that flight that would be sooo cool! Ok, now I sound like a freak. He is lovely though...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.