Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hello :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm bisexual

ReputationRep:
    'ello!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys looks like there's quite a few of us!

ReputationRep:
    This thread is so discriminating!! I thought the internet was a place of harmony, especially this forum! You girls can't espect to be treated nicely if you create threads only for your gender! :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Bi, but mostly lean towards girls. What's the gay scene like in everyone's respective uni towns? Interested to hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defenestrate.)
    Bi, but mostly lean towards girls. What's the gay scene like in everyone's respective uni towns? Interested to hear
    Hull's pretty open minded i think, they're are quite a few LGBT bars, i've only been once to one though and it was pretty good, we also have LGBT society and gay pride i *think* around july time every year! We also have the 'some people are gay, get over it' posters on buses etc like in London, so yeah i guess i'm fortunate in saying Hull is pretty gay friendly (but, hard to come across lesbian's etc on a standard day/night out haha)...how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, really? For some reason I didn't really expect that. I'm at Manchester so there's quite a big gay scene...pretty easy to come by other gays..my first night of freshers a random girl dragged me out of the bus queue (for a non-gay event)!

My problem is that Manchester's gay scene is pretty stereotypical, kinda a bit like Soho, so there are only a couple of nights in the 'gay village' (yeah, we have a gay village) I like there. I really miss the vibes/music/kind of people at East London gay nights/wish there was a more alternative scene. C'est la vie!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, really? For some reason I didn't really expect that. I'm at Manchester so there's quite a big gay scene...pretty easy to come by other gays..my first night of freshers a random girl dragged me out of the bus queue (for a non-gay event)!

My problem is that Manchester's gay scene is pretty stereotypical, kinda a bit like Soho, so there are only a couple of nights in the 'gay village' (yeah, we have a gay village) I like there. I really miss the vibes/music/kind of people at East London gay nights/wish there was a more alternative scene. C'est la vie!
    That's really awesome you have a gay village haha, i'm quite envious in that sense, it can suck a little having to literally dig and fish around for other gay people...but i've never actually checked out the gay scene in London (despite only being around 45 minutes away if that!) but i've heard great things about it, and i guess it being London i can imagine it's pretty awesome. But yeah, i guess we can't have it all ha

ReputationRep:
    hahaa, yeah I guess! Plus there are always some of the same faces around the village so if I were to hypothetically go out alone there I'd probably still end up with lots of friends by the end of the night. But it can also be a bit cloying. Ohh, London is great! Pretty much whatever type of scene or music you're into, you can find it. And all over the city. It's kinda annoying how most gays stick to one little area in Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    'gay village' (yeah, we have a gay village)
    What I imagined

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)
    What I imagined

Ahahaaa, I love how ignorant the presenter is/the onscreen argument!

But this is exactly correct. Which makes things a bit difficult for me as I'm 6'0...
    (In all earnest, there are lots of short gays in Manchester and I don't think that's just me being tall either).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)
    What I imagined

I love Karl! :teeth:

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.