Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Flat Battery watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My battery has gone flat and I was wondering on possible ways of recharging it without needing another car.

I have seen a battery re-charger and thought that it would be suitable but I think it needs to be plugged into the mains.

Am I able to remove the batter from my car and charge it in the house and then put it back in the car?

Here is the charger: Batter Charger

My car is a Seat Arosa SE 1.4

Thanks,

GQ.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that'll work, but it won't be quick. If you've got an extension lead and a suitably placed socket you don't need to take the battery out, just attach while it's in the car, but it's best to do that with the car in a garage (you don't want to leave your bonnet open on the street and you must make sure the electrical connections aren't going to get wet). You'll need to find the code for your radio if you disconnect the battery.

ReputationRep:
    Easiest thing to do would be to bump start the car or jump it. Find some mates!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Easiest thing to do would be to bump start the car or jump it. Find some mates!
    This.
    Or get a new battery from halfords, i dont think they cost too much.

ReputationRep:
    I took my car battery to the car service shop to recharge it throughout 24 hours … the fee is not bad only £5.

But

If you have a guarantee, it is better to return it to the dealer.

ReputationRep:
    Just get some friends to push it while you keep turning the key.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.