The Student Room Group

Is it possible to RETAKE A LEVEL MODULES while at University?

Hey guys
I was wondering if its possible to resit some A level modules at university to improve it up to a grade or so. Is such service available?
Yes, via private candidate entry.

Check this:

http://www.campbellharris.co.uk/
Reply 2
You won't want to though. Once you get to uni, it's hard enough as it is, without needing extra work for an A Level which employers will barely look at.
Reply 3
Original post by iPthreefifthteen
Yes, via private candidate entry.

Check this:

http://www.campbellharris.co.uk/

Can you just enter for the examination without enrolling on their course? coz when I check fees it says fees per term for resits, what does that mean?
Reply 4
Original post by becky.fm
You won't want to though. Once you get to uni, it's hard enough as it is, without needing extra work for an A Level which employers will barely look at.

Apparenly most of the employers I have looked at for Internship or trainee opportunities require specific UCAS points.
But its only one module, for which revision can be done in about 1/2 weeks?
Reply 5
Yeh I was also wondering if i could take literally just 1 module (not the whole AS/A2 again) as I messed it up pretty well but did well in all my other modules. Anyone know if we can?
Original post by prince_s9
Can you just enter for the examination without enrolling on their course? coz when I check fees it says fees per term for resits, what does that mean?

Yes, you can just register for the exam - you just have to find your nearest school or centre that accepts external candidates. I know one of the exam boards has a list of such places and there are numerous schools throughout the country. I know this because I'm self teaching the Maths A Level in the first year.
Original post by becky.fm

Depends what type of job you want to do; they will all look to an extent and for graduate programmes and other top jobs there is often a UCAS point/grade prerequisite at pre-degree level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending