Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible to RETAKE A LEVEL MODULES while at University? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    I was wondering if its possible to resit some A level modules at university to improve it up to a grade or so. Is such service available?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, via private candidate entry.

Check this:

http://www.campbellharris.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    You won't want to though. Once you get to uni, it's hard enough as it is, without needing extra work for an A Level which employers will barely look at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iPthreefifthteen)
    Yes, via private candidate entry.

Check this:

http://www.campbellharris.co.uk/
    Can you just enter for the examination without enrolling on their course? coz when I check fees it says fees per term for resits, what does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky.fm)
    You won't want to though. Once you get to uni, it's hard enough as it is, without needing extra work for an A Level which employers will barely look at.
    Apparenly most of the employers I have looked at for Internship or trainee opportunities require specific UCAS points.
    But its only one module, for which revision can be done in about 1/2 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I was also wondering if i could take literally just 1 module (not the whole AS/A2 again) as I messed it up pretty well but did well in all my other modules. Anyone know if we can?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by prince_s9)
    Can you just enter for the examination without enrolling on their course? coz when I check fees it says fees per term for resits, what does that mean?
    Yes, you can just register for the exam - you just have to find your nearest school or centre that accepts external candidates. I know one of the exam boards has a list of such places and there are numerous schools throughout the country. I know this because I'm self teaching the Maths A Level in the first year.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by becky.fm)
    Depends what type of job you want to do; they will all look to an extent and for graduate programmes and other top jobs there is often a UCAS point/grade prerequisite at pre-degree level.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.