Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've signed up fora class next Thursday because it's the most booked up class in the gym. It literally books up in 10 minutes- so it must be good. I don't know much about it about from that it's a dance aerobics class.

Please can anyone give me any information or opinions on it?

ReputationRep:
    Do some proper exercise - get down to the gym and get on a proper cardio/weights routine. None of his poncy, pathetic aerobics crap.

ReputationRep:
    Basically it's a class made up of moves inspired by Latin dance moves. The instructors aren't supposed to speak, which I found difficult because it's hard to know what you're doing, so try to stand in the middle so you have a good view of the instructor. I admit it was fun but to be honest I didn't break out in a sweat. I hope that helps a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolaangel)
    I've signed up fora class next Thursday because it's the most booked up class in the gym. It literally books up in 10 minutes- so it must be good. I don't know much about it about from that it's a dance aerobics class.

Please can anyone give me any information or opinions on it?
    I hear Justin Beiber concerts sell out pretty fast so they must be good. :indiff:

Whatever motivates you to do exercise is good. Just maybe read more about different types before you do them and set out some goals to make it clear what you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Do some proper exercise - get down to the gym and get on a proper cardio/weights routine. None of his poncy, pathetic aerobics crap.
    i do go to the gym already thanks just trying to get some variety for motivation.

ReputationRep:
    I've done classes at our local gym just as a change from the gym. How good the class is depends on who does it! Ours was done by an aerobics instructor who made it much more of a workout than the normal zumba class was. The ordinary class was a walk in the park and pretty much a waste of time.

They're fun though, but not an amazing work out. Just go, and be ready to put everything you've got into it, or you'll get nothing out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolaangel)
    i do go to the gym already thanks just trying to get some variety for motivation.
    sigh

If you need more motivation other than to stop being so ****ing lazy and sloth-like, you should just stop wasting your time and accept you should just be a fat, useless tub of lard and eventually a pain in the NHS wallet.

ReputationRep:
    Zumba is great fun but thats all I'd say it is, I don't break out in a sweat or anything. If only... then exercise would be great!

ReputationRep:
    Zumba is great but it can really vary between classes. The steps are easy to pick up (even if you've got two left feet like me ha!) but you do have to put a lot into it to feel like you've done anything afterwards. Some places do advanced classes that require more stamina so if you're already fit then i'd recommend that as you might find a beginner class too easy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.