The Student Room Group

drinking alone

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
nothing wrong with a few beers whilst you watch the footy or something. but getting hammered on your own is a bit weird
Reply 21
A few beers or half a bottle of wine is acceptable - and one shouldn't drink before midday or after midnight. Or drink more than 4 cocktails.

Then again, I doubt getting steaming drunk by yourself once a month or so and kicking back to music is going to do you any harm.
(edited 13 years ago)
Drinking a little bit by yourself is one thing, but getting really drunk by yourself screams 'alcoholic' to me.
I always thought of drinking as quite a social thing anyway so I don't really see the appeal of doing it by yourself. It seems more self destructive than fun.
Original post by Anonymous
What is TSR's opinion on drinking alone?

OP PM Me, I'll discuss it properly with you - because drinking alone is often better than pissing it in a club.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 24
If you have a broken heart, and are really depressed, then I wouldn't think it's not normal to get drunk by yourself while listening to sad music. :tongue:

I see nothing wrong with drinking alone in general, as long as it's done in moderation.
A nice G&T while chilling at home is just perfect :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by UnknwnEntity
OP PM Me, I'll discuss it properly with you - because drinking alone is often better than pissing it in a club.

I agree.
Reply 27
it's a weird experience, i would classify it as rock bottom, a new birth point...
Once i got a pack of super tennent's and started with one, then another and after the third i struggled to walk straight to the fridge to get the fourth. Euphoria was high, i don't deny that i had a good time however when i first woke up in the morning i thought i had disrespected my life.
And i felt a bit alcoholic...
Well when I'm home alone and watching a film I'll get some popcorn and a glass of wine. Occasionally get a little bit tipsy but only because I sip at drinks while I'm watching films and end up drinking more than I'd planned..! I'd never drink with the sole intention of getting drunk if I was on my own, though.
It just makes you feel annoyed, bored and impaired. being impaired is brilliant fun when you're out with friends, not so much when you're attempting to type/watch TV/read and then realise you've made it impossible for yourself to successfully do these things and only have the option of dancing like a nut case by yourself to some music or falling asleep.
Reply 30
Glass of wine in a bubble bath at the end of a long day is HEAVEN.
If I'm feeling very down I occasionally go sit on the swings with cigarettes and one of the mini-vodka bottles pretending I'm in an episode of Skins :cool:

I'd never get drunk by myself though. A) Alcoholic & B) If you did some 'typically' drunk thing without other people there, you might die. Ahem.
Reply 31
I have been single for more than a year. I always drink alone but I seldom get drunk.
its fine
Do what you want. Why take advice from a bunch of socially inept retards like the typical TSR user?
Original post by The_resurrection
Do what you want. Why take advice from a bunch of socially inept retards like the typical TSR user?

Enmasse - this is true by default OP...
Reply 35
My one rule! Will never drink if im alone Want to break that rule a lot of the time but i can't Thats when i'll really know uni has turned me into an alcoholic :biggrin: If u want a drink just get someone to pop round lol :smile:
Original post by Shuvel
Depends on the situation. I've only drank by myself before heading out to meet people in a club if no-ones around to predrink. oh and the shameful moment when I was doing coursework after not drinking for 3 weeks and had a couple of pint sized glass of strongbow to make it a bit more enjoyable..

Sitting in your room by yourself drinking for the sake of drinking is a huge no.

So.....pints, then? :lolwut:

Similarly, I'll drink by myself when getting ready to go out.

Or if I'm having a "**** the world and everyone I know" sort of day. Which is surprisingly rare.
Original post by Cynthi007
I have been single for more than a year. I always drink alone but I seldom get drunk.

Relevance?
i did it last night, i had the flat to myself so lounged on the couch with a glass of cherry brandy and a movie, was really nice
Reply 39
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Relevance?

To try and establish that the person is not an all-round loser

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending