The Student Room Group

He smokes -.-

Hi,
Firstly, I really do apologize if my 'situation' seems utterly stupid and childish. Every now and then we all experience something which bugs us for a period of time but others think its pointless and childish. Here's my latest problem...

Anyway, I am 17 and take an hour journey by bus each morning to go from and to my 6th form. There's another 6th form about a 2 minute walk from mine. This guy, lets name him Josh. Well, Josh gets on the same bus and over the past few weeks I've started noticing him more and taking interest :colondollar: I know that I've developed some sort of crush for him. I've seen him around the area with his classmates whilst I'm out for lunch. I've noticed him looking at me a few times and smiling and nodding but this may just be a good will gesture. I've even even been catching the late bus for the last 2 weeks, just so I can see him more often :rolleyes:

This morning, I was on the bus and the bus stopped at Josh's stop. I looked out of the window and saw him with a cigarette in his hand. I have NO idea why but my heart sort of dropped and I've been down ever since this morning. By the way, smoking really puts me off, I even feel emotionally sick if I smell it. I don't know why but I just feel really depressed. I sort of felt like going up to him and smacking him. However childish that may sound, I'm sorry but that's just how I function. Can anyone help with my latest mood? I just feel emotionally sick, distressed and upset? :frown:

EDIT:

I suppose your ALL right about the 'perfect' image.

I honestly did try and distant myself and everything was fine until my friend, who doesn't know I like him, went and asked him last thursday (he sat in the seats behind us) whether him and his friends would come to a concert based at our school that we've organised for charity and he agreed and said he would be there and then he got up and moved seats along with his friends???

I'm helping my friend plan this whole thing so I can't not go, but I don't even want to now... I might fake an ilness as this whole thing is just getting to my head. I think I've put the whole smoking issue behind him, as if it never happened. I'm such a complicated child. I really still do think he's perfect :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Tell him that if he doesn't stop smoking, your lips, (both pairs of them), shall be off limits to his genitalia.

:sexface:
Reply 2
Either deal with the fact he smokes, or just forget about him and start taking the normal bus. There is not much you can do.
Reply 3
Original post by Liam 09
Either deal with the fact he smokes, or just forget about him and start taking the normal bus. There is not much you can do.

Yeah, I'm so depressed that I didn't even think of that. That way, I won't even see him anymore and I'll get over him :rolleyes:
Thanks!
Reply 4
Change your views on smoking? Tell him you'll give him a handjob for every cigarette that he doesn't smoke.
Reply 5
WOW. Just wow.
So you've stalked him a little and your disgusted by his smoking?!
I wonder how he'd feel about you stalking him...
Reply 7
Original post by Pinball_heart
WOW. Just wow.
So you've stalked him a little and your disgusted by his smoking?!
I wonder how he'd feel about you stalking him...

Stalking? Am I missing something here?
Reply 8
Just wait a few more months then so you will be old enough to smoke with him?
Original post by TheHeart
Stalking? Am I missing something here?

I'd find it a little creepy if I found out someone purposefully got a bus just to see me...
Reply 10
Original post by Pinball_heart
I'd find it a little creepy if I found out someone purposefully got a bus just to see me...

I get that bus anyway.
Reply 11
Who cares? Seriously, stop being so self righteous.

Girls who smoke don't bother me.
Reply 12
There's nothing you can do. Either accept him for the way he is, or move on.
Reply 13
Pretty big overreaction there. Deal with it or move on.
I get that bus anyway.

erm...

I've even even been catching the late bus for the last 2 weeks, just so I can see him more often :rolleyes:
Reply 15
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey yo you might want to put a helmet on, it's a long way down from on top of that high horse.
Reply 17
Original post by edd360
Just wait a few more months then so you will be old enough to smoke with him?

:rolleyes:
I think you missed the part where she said:

By the way, smoking really puts me off, I even feel emotionally sick if I smell it.

This morning, I was on the bus and the bus stopped at Josh's stop. I looked out of the window and saw him with a cigarette in his hand. I have NO idea why but my heart sort of dropped and I've been down ever since this morning. By the way, smoking really puts me off, I even feel emotionally sick if I smell it. I don't know why but I just feel really depressed. I sort of felt like going up to him and smacking him. However childish that may sound, I'm sorry but that's just how I function. Can anyone help with my latest mood? I just feel emotionally sick, distressed and upset? :frown:

OOH GOD! Seriously if my girlfriend suddenly announced she was taking up smoking...it would be a total nightmare I really can't stand it either. That really does suck, same as you if I was interested in someone and they pulled out a cigarette...it would be really frustrating. You'll get over it in a little while, plenty of other nice non-smokers.:biggrin:
Reply 19
It seems a bit unlucky that the one guy you have decided to follow around and fancy the pants off is a smoker when you hate smokers lol. To be honest, all this guy is is someone on your bus you thought was fit. Just look at a different seat on the bus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending