"she doesnt even go here!" sums it up nicely watch

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Kill them. Kill them both. KILL THEM ALL

ReputationRep:
    didn't read

ReputationRep:
    just tell his GF to clean up after him, and pay his way - then its down to her to get him to pull his weight

ReputationRep:
    Too much to read...

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i feel bad for you, that´s pretty bad.

I know what you said about the landlord and stuff but it might be worth telling that couple that if he doesn´t clean up and **** that you´ll launch a formal complaint. if they call your bluff you might just have to bite the bullet and speak to the landlord because this isn´t worth your degree. :/

ReputationRep:
    why dont you confront the girl instead of her bf... surely you two are freinds and can work something out. you could make a lie about him sniffing your underwear nd the whole house saw it. LOL i did that to my girlfriends ex

ReputationRep:
    Just talk about it with them.

Spoiler:
    Show

I didn't actually read your long and probably boring post

ReputationRep:
    Get a boyfriend too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Just talk about it with them.

Spoiler:
    Show

I didn't actually read your long and probably boring post
    You gave, in a nutshell, the same answer I was going to give and I actually read the post :P
    Impressive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolly1234)
    Arghhhhh jst need to vent off some steam! My housemates disgusting boyfriend is at our house 24/7 even though he has his own house not far away, he does f' all communal cleaning and i feel like should put some newspaper down in the bathroom for him as he's obviously not potty trained yet.

When i asked him to contribute towards bills he basically refused on the grounds that he uses the same lightbulb as his girlfriend and cooks the same meals (despite 2 mins earlier cooking a fat bowl of rice and somthing for himself. i did mention all the other stuff he uses like tv, washing machine, shower etc. he told me that this was counteracted by the fact that they go to his 'for weeks', which everyone knows is complete RUBBISH, the first time they have been to his for a minimum of a week was last week and this is since the beginning of the year!! apart from that theyve stayed at his for like one night at a time on verrrryyyy few occassions over the past 2 terms (could probably count it on one hand). i told him that this was not true, but he refused to accept that, despite previously claiming on many occasions himself that hes always here!

Now ever since he claimed that they go to his house for a equal amount of time, he has been at our house every night bar one! He really distracts me when i have work to do and i have 3 deadlines for tommorrow. i also told him and his girlfriend how they distract me but they have obviously not taken this on board. When i previously posted about him on here someone suggested to talk to the landlord but then i was advised not to do this because the rest of us could get in trouble. Not much i can do really.

arghhhhhhh!!!
    The landlord doesn't need to know? Who told you that?

You get into contact with them, explain the situation and you chronicle what he does. You then explain that the additional cost of utilities is either met by him or his girlfriend or you will move to another landlord for a better deal.

ReputationRep:
    You have 3 assignments due tomorrow yet you're on here complaining? Sounds like you want someone to blame other than yourself tbqh.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you need to talk to all your flatmates, including and especially the girl in question if the lad is lording it. I wouldn't be best pleased if some lass started telling me I had to pay bills and ting just to hang out at my gf's place but if he's taking serious liberties you need to discuss it and reach consensus

ReputationRep:
    x
    Have a planned, structured household meeting (not including your housemate's boyfriend - if that's possible) and openly discuss it. Then it's up to your housemate to discuss it with him and possible arrange a second meeting.

What does your contract say? Are you actually allowed other people to stay in the house without the landlord's permission (as I'm assuming he doesn't have permission)? I doubt that, should you speak to your landlord about this, you'll all get into trouble.

ReputationRep:
    on what grounds would you get into trouble if you told the landlord? it's her that'd be in breach of her contract.
    You're right in everyway, if people stay there then they need to pay their way, ok if they're there for a few days no, but over a week, then it's only fair, it's not cheap these days :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know how to help so sorry. But hopeful you get it sorted. That's not on.

Go to his house and pee on his floor?

ReputationRep:
    to all those who say to speak to them, i have, im the only one in my house whos actually said anything about it the others just hide behind me and anyway it did nothing, they didnt take anything on board, we all still have to put upp with him everyday whilst he makes no effort to compromise. In fact just today i asked politely whether they could go to his for tonight but they basically just refused. and no im not looking for someone to blame for my assignment otherwise i wouldnt have asked them if they coudl go, im doing a group researchy thing and am waiting for an email with my partners work so i can add it in

ReputationRep:
    our contract says that we cant have guests move in even if theyre not paying rent, but it doesnt specify how long moving in counts as. i was told that as its a joint contract we would all get in trouble for breaching it?

ReputationRep:
    to all those who say to speak to them, i have, im the only one in my house whos actually said anything about it the others just hide behind me and anyway it did nothing, they didnt take anything board, we all still have to put upp with him everyday whilst he makes no effort to compromise. In fact just today i asked politely whether they could go to his for tonight but they basically just refused. and no im not looking for someone to blame for my assignment otherwise i wouldnt have asked them if they coud go, im doing a group researchy thing and am waiting for an email with my partners work so i can add it in
    When you have tried discussing this, has this been "in passing" or as a properly structured, sitting down, meeting?

If the latter then you've done all you can. Unfortunately all you can do now is a) put up with it or b) see the landlord. I really do recommend speaking to your landlord as, if you aren't allowed people to stay, your housemate will be in breach of contract.

There are some dickish landlords around but I see no reason why you (or anyone else) will get into trouble. You're innocent parties. You'll probably get into more trouble if the landlord finds out later. Or if the boyfriend damages something in the house.

ReputationRep:
    i was told that as its a joint contract we would all get in trouble for breaching it?
    You shouldn't as you are powerless here, you (and the other housemates) did not invite or encourage him. You have done your best to resolve the situation and have brought it to his attention.

What do you mean by "get into trouble"?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.