Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you *ever* give up your ideal dreams/future/career for your perfect partner? watch

• View Poll Results: Ideal future or perfect partner?
    Ideal future
    49.38%
    Perfect partner
    50.62%

(Original post by Kutti)
    Of course. I would never leave job. money most important thing. However in a way sex can be morally pleasing and exciting so i would leave it for the pleasure. Not in a bad way. But in a pleasing and allegorising way.
    My life doesn't revolve around sex.

ReputationRep:
    I want to achieve my self-actualization whether anybody with or against me
    but hopefully we can get a partner that will help us to seek for our goals

ReputationRep:
    This could actually get to 999 replies, ISA you are truly a troll idol

(Original post by Majdovic7)
    I want to achieve my self-actualization whether anybody with or against me
    but hopefully we can get a partner that will help us to seek for our goals
    Self-actualisation? What do you mean by that?

ReputationRep:
    Surely the perfect partner would want you to achieve and be happy, so would not expect you to choose, so you can have both...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Self-actualisation? What do you mean by that?
    If i do not achieve my ambitions and dreams fully and feels that I am really satisfied with then my life will be pointless.
    self-actualization is achieving what i want and not giving up for any reason i know it's hard to reach this level but everyone got the potential to do what he want

(Original post by Majdovic7)
    If i do not achieve my ambitions and dreams fully and feels that I am really satisfied with then my life will be pointless.
    self-actualization is achieving what i want and not giving up for any reason i know it's hard to reach this level but everyone got the potential to do what he want
    Nice goal you have there.

ReputationRep:
    Nice goal you have there.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    No i would not give up my career im a selfish biatch! x

ReputationRep:
    I want a really fulfilling career - not in the sense of clawing my way to the top, but in making a difference to peoples' lives and making the world a better place (however foolishly idealistic that sounds )
    But I chose the perfect partner for some reason...guess if I were to meet my soulmate, I'd be an even bigger fool to miss my chance at real love and happiness. Anyhow, a perfect partner would be supportive of my career plans surely?

(Original post by 786AR)
    No i would not give up my career im a selfish biatch! x
    Hey! Just because you would not give up on your career, it doesn't mean that you're a selfish *****.

(Original post by CountDuckula)
    I want a really fulfilling career - not in the sense of clawing my way to the top, but in making a difference to peoples' lives and making the world a better place (however foolishly idealistic that sounds )
    But I chose the perfect partner for some reason...guess if I were to meet my soulmate, I'd be an even bigger fool to miss my chance at real love and happiness. Anyhow, a perfect partner would be supportive of my career plans surely?
    Agree with the first bit.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Just because you would not give up on your career, it doesn't mean that you're a selfish *****.
    Awwh thankyou,.. a lot of people would think i am but then again its my life at the end of the day.. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    To be absolutely honest with you, no.

Okay the scenario has changed, still no:

1. I'm quite selfish, achieving my dreams is the biggest self-satisfaction I could ever have.

2. I'd want to live my dreams in order for my future kids to have to best possible life. Children > Partner.

3. As long is he's not inept and he has a penis, I'll live. I'm not expecting a perfect partner.

4. Perfect partner BUT living on min wage, barely able to put food on the table and the kids will suffer? No thanks. I'm selfish but not that selfish.

Sorry but I'm being honest, shot me.
    Just out of interest, what wrk do u want to get into?

ReputationRep:
    my perfect partner would accept me for me, not me for who he wants me to be, so I wouldn't have to give anything up

(Original post by 786AR)
    Awwh thankyou,.. a lot of people would think i am but then again its my life at the end of the day.. x
    Exactly, do what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    never, career first of all, ppl change, and what makes u believe that this perfect person today wont be anymore just as perfect as u though in a near future

(Original post by Ani86)
    never, career first of all, ppl change, and what makes u believe that this perfect person today wont be anymore just as perfect as u though in a near future
    Exactly. People change.

ReputationRep:
    Give up your happiness to make them happy, never give up your dreams

ReputationRep:
    I have no realistic dreams, but I have a very good idea of what I'd like in a woman.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.