Turn on thread page Beta

Would you *ever* give up your ideal dreams/future/career for your perfect partner? watch

• View Poll Results: Ideal future or perfect partner?
    Ideal future
    49.38%
    Perfect partner
    50.62%

(Original post by fat_hobbit)
    What why?

How old is this boy, and how old are you?
    PMing you.

EDIT: Well tried to - please clean out some space, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I get the feeling OP wasn't hugged enough as a child.
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    PMing you.

EDIT: Well tried to - please clean out some space, thanks.
    Try now.

ReputationRep:
    Paradoxical, for a start my perfect future necessarily includes a perfect partner, while my perfect partner necessarily doesn't inhibit my career orientated goals.

(Original post by wilson_smith)
    Paradoxical, for a start my perfect future necessarily includes a perfect partner, while my perfect partner necessarily doesn't inhibit my career orientated goals.
    What are your ambitions?

Irrespective if your perfect partner would never let you give them up, would *you* give them up?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? Well, technically yes as I would do anything for this person that I am in "love" with.

Sad fact of reality: I will never get him.

And **** me, it is making be blind to rationality.

If I can't have him, then why revolve my life around the potential to find another guy, who will never be as good as the current guy I would do anything to even have a hug with?
    Is he Justin Bieber?

(Original post by kbountra)
    Is he Justin Bieber?
    No he is not.

ReputationRep:
    No he is not.
    That was a little insensitive by me! Why have you set you heart on this one guy and are now refusing to ever get married/have a family cos you can't have him? I don't know your circumstances but am intrigued to know more....

(Original post by kbountra)
    That was a little insensitive by me! Why have you set you heart on this one guy and are now refusing to ever get married/have a family cos you can't have him? I don't know your circumstances but am intrigued to know more....
    PM me if you really want to know.

ReputationRep:
    What are your ambitions?

Irrespective if your perfect partner would never let you give them up, would *you* give them up?
    Travel, help people, a non-authoritarian, relatively enjoyable job. Travel obviously not being necessary come perfect partner and potential family.

If the pre-requisites for being with the otherwise perfect partner were the loss of the above aspirations i'd likely, albeit begrudgingly, sacrifice the aspirations. But it's immensely circumstantial, meaning it doubtful that this judgement has any meaning.

ReputationRep:
    ISA you legend you trolled your way past the 1000 reply mark

Travel, help people, a non-authoritarian, relatively enjoyable job. Travel obviously not being necessary come perfect partner and potential family.

If the pre-requisites for being with the otherwise perfect partner were the loss of the above aspirations i'd likely, albeit begrudgingly, sacrifice the aspirations. But it's immensely circumstantial, meaning it doubtful that this judgement has any meaning.
    Why would you sacrifice your aspirations?

ReputationRep:
    What tips can you give a young aspiring troll?

ReputationRep:
    Because that choice would likely be most conducive to my happiness, and if i really loved someone that much i doubt i'd realistically be able to choose otherwise.

Because that choice would likely be most conducive to my happiness, and if i really loved someone that much i doubt i'd realistically be able to choose otherwise.
    Fair enough I guess. It seems that there are people on this Earth who put a lot of emphasis on finding "the one".

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough I guess. It seems that there are people on this Earth who put a lot of emphasis on finding "the one".
    It seems incredibly naive and ill-drawn to hold that there's 'one' person for you out of the six billion resident on this planet. I imagine people are compatible with every hundred or so others, and perhaps incredibly well suited to every few hundred or so. I think relationships which last are borne predominantly from being both this and holding common experience.

It seems incredibly naive and ill-drawn to hold that there's 'one' person for you out of the six billion resident on this planet. I imagine people are compatible with every hundred or so others, and perhaps incredibly well suited to every few hundred or so. I think relationships which last are borne predominantly from being both this and holding common experience.
    Exactly, hence why I think this preconceived notion of finding "the one" is bull****.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, hence why I think this preconceived notion of finding "the one" is bull****.
    I don't think anybody litrally means that they are finding one person out of a 7 billion people. I think some people use phrases and figurative language...

(Original post by Jacke02)
    I don't think anybody litrally means that they are finding one person out of a 7 billion people. I think some people use phrases and figurative language...
    So what do people mean then?

ReputationRep:
    So what do people mean then?
    Just that they are trying to find someone who will suit them very well, which as you said, could be looaaads of people.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.