Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think would happen if war was declared in Britain? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay, this is completely hypothetical obviously. I'm writing something about this and would just like to know what people's views are.

How do you think people would react? Panic or carry on as normal? What measures would the government take to prevent riots etc. ? Would there be a mass exodus out of the cities? Would there be an attempt at evacuation?

What else do you think would happen?
    (Apart from being wiped out by a nuclear bomb.)

ReputationRep:
    By who? We have an arsenal of nuclear weapons.

ReputationRep:
    The question is far to open to answer. To many variables ect.
    For example, Argentina technically declared war on the UK during the Falklands. Yet it was a world away to effect our normal day to day life.

It depends on who declared war on us. I don't think any western nation is foolish enough to do that. Eastern/middle easter nations are simply to far away.
    Its not as simple as declaring war on one country. By declaring war on the UK, you will no doubt have to deal with every NATO nation.

ReputationRep:
    "Bring it."

Alas, if something was to happen I would probably commence ****ting ones pants.

ReputationRep:
    Whoever declares war on us does so on the US as well as our numerous allies. It would be a very short war indeed. I would say that I'd head straight on down to my local army office to do my bit, but to be honest WW3 will not be a foot-soldiers war, it will be the war of nuclear bombs.

Calling it now, WW3 will be the shortest World War ever.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be off to live somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Civil war?
    International conflict?
    Armed invasion?
    Multilateral conflict?
    Total war?
    World war?

..no detail, no answer

ReputationRep:
    All the immigrants would be blamed and racism would be up, so I guess crime would be increasing for them, but other than that I think it'd be pretty normal.

ReputationRep:
    Say it was way in the future. America's power had diminished slightly and war was declared on both nations by a hostile nation of the same kind of power as America today.

Obviously this won't happen any time this century but still...

ReputationRep:
    It depends who declares war. For example if China declared war we'd be like 'oh ****..'

but if the Azerbaijan declared war it'd be a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boom.Squish)
    Say it was way in the future. America's power had diminished slightly and war was declared on both nations by a hostile nation of the same kind of power as America today.

Obviously this won't happen any time this century but still...
    I still find it hard to believe it could happen under them circumstances. NATO is just to big of an organisation to have war declared on by a single nation, and most probably will be for a very long time!

ReputationRep:
    Britain has been involved in war every year, bar one, since 1939.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmnipotentOmelette)
    It depends who declares war. For example if China declared war we'd be like 'oh ****..'

but if the Azerbaijan declared war it'd be a laugh.
    Oi, now why would we declare war on Britain?

ReputationRep:
    In the case of a nuclear war, a select few will be guided to underground nuclear shelters while the majority will unfortunately perish.

ReputationRep:
    I would panic, and move to New Zealand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anony mouse)
    Oi, now why would we declare war on Britain?
    I just picked a random country that would pose no threat to Britain.

ReputationRep:
    I hear the Principality of Sealand is preparing their vessels in an attempt to win their sovereignty. I'd be worried.

ReputationRep:
    Any such war would be very short or non-existent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    Whoever declares war on us does so on the US as well as our numerous allies. It would be a very short war indeed. I would say that I'd head straight on down to my local army office to do my bit, but to be honest WW3 will not be a foot-soldiers war, it will be the war of nuclear bombs.

Calling it now, WW3 will be the shortest World War ever.
    US hates Britain

ReputationRep:
    Superman would never let that happen!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.