Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

History Edexcel.. UMS/GRADE BOUNDARIES PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP Watch

ReputationRep:
    aa

(Original post by MaddyRose1)
    Hi Maddy

Here is a UMS score sheet for you.

As you scored 68,68 (138/200) you have a high C in AS
    A B grade overall is 280/400 (70%) so in theory you need a combined 142/200, which is 4 marks higher than you achieved last year. If you do well in your coursework then this should be an attainable grade

Does this make sense?

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    aa

Most likely to be 80/200. Exam weighs 120/200. If you are on Edexcel, this is definitely the case.

What exam board are you on?

ReputationRep:
    Yep it's edexcel! That's quite a relief then, if I was able to get another 23 out of 25 on my second piece of coursework, that must be around 72 UMS. Meaning I only have to get a high C or low B in the exam!
    Thanks so much for your help!

Yep it's edexcel! That's quite a relief then, if I was able to get another 23 out of 25 on my second piece of coursework, that must be around 72 UMS. Meaning I only have to get a high C or low B in the exam!
    Thanks so much for your help!
    This is true.
    http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20w...(Home-Int).pdf

According to January's raw mark boundaries - if you got double 23 that would be 46/50 = A* on Raw marks. So you'd get around 72/80 UMS.

Of course, grade boundaries change every so often, but its a good sign at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    This is true.
    http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20w...(Home-Int).pdf

According to January's raw mark boundaries - if you got double 23 that would be 46/50 = A* on Raw marks. So you'd get around 72/80 UMS.

Of course, grade boundaries change every so often, but its a good sign at least.
    Do you know whether it has changed?

I got 40 marks in my coursework out of 50?

(Original post by justiceisjust)
    Do you know whether it has changed?

I got 40 marks in my coursework out of 50?
    Grade boundaries are always prone to change ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    Grade boundaries are always prone to change ...
    I got 65 and 78 AS
    40 mark coursework this year

do you know what i'd need for a B?

(Original post by justiceisjust)
    I got 65 and 78 AS
    40 mark coursework this year

do you know what i'd need for a B?
    280/400 for a B grade. So 137/200 in A2 (68.5%) - I can't accurately tell you what UMS you would get for your coursework though if you got 40/50 then you should hopefully achieve a B grade with another B in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Could someone help me too? I'm running around in circles, and there are so many different PDF's with so much information. And it's hard to digest and get the things you want from them.

Edexcel
    AS: 78/100 ums and 65/100 ums
    A2(so far): 45/50 for coursework.

What ums do I need to get for my last paper?

Thankyou so much!!

(Original post by greenfly125)
    Could someone help me too? I'm running around in circles, and there are so many different PDF's with so much information. And it's hard to digest and get the things you want from them.

Edexcel
    AS: 78/100 ums and 65/100 ums
    A2(so far): 45/50 for coursework.

What ums do I need to get for my last paper?

Thankyou so much!!
    Your coursework UMS is out of 80. We couldn't possibly tell you what you got because 45/50 is a raw mark so you'll have to wait for a conversion on results day. But if you get a B in the next paper you should come out with that. And if you do superb, say get 90% in the final paper then you could get an A.

ReputationRep:
    at AS got 83/100 and 81/100

Got 47/50 in the coursework, how many marks in the exam do you think i will need to get an A overall? i worked it out to be a B, not sure if i got it right though...

(Original post by chisletts)
    at AS got 83/100 and 81/100

Got 47/50 in the coursework, how many marks in the exam do you think i will need to get an A overall? i worked it out to be a B, not sure if i got it right though...
    The reason why you're not sure is because your C/W has not been converted to UMS. Therefore we cannot give you a fairly accurate picture of what you need for an A. But to speculate your marks, it's probably an A so you'd want to aim for a low A/High B. There's no harm aiming for an A/A* anyway.

Okay so I'm stressing out about this now.
    I got 138 last year...
    I got 23 on my first piece of coursework and somehow 18 on the second piece.
    The teacher kept telling me it was 'really good' and 'didn't need many changes' but 18 isn't really what I'd classify as 'really good', at least I was hoping for higher.
    Apparently, 41/50 is around 64 UMS.
    I need 280, I already have 202. That's 78 UMS? Which in last years modules was a high B, nearly an A? Do I really have to get that high B to get a B overall? It seems a little high Is the exam this year of a different weighting, i.e. different grade boundaries?
    Edexcel & UMS I hate you

64/80 is 80% = A. Though that assumes you took your coursework for Winter moderation. There may be an alteration in the conversion for the summer ones...

78/120 is a mid C grade. So you need a C to get the grade you need....assuming the coursework mark is indeed 64/80

ReputationRep:
    welll stricof..if you wouldnt mind doing another one id we very grateful

i got 147/200 at AS and 44/50 in the coursework..any idea what i need to get in the final exam to get a B overall?

(Original post by stephw10)
    welll stricof..if you wouldnt mind doing another one id we very grateful

i got 147/200 at AS and 44/50 in the coursework..any idea what i need to get in the final exam to get a B overall?
    I think if you aim for B in the exam then a B overall should be well within reach.

Once again we can't predict what your coursework mark will be in terms of UMS. But it's a fairly decent score :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I hope they don't!
    They can go down as well as up.

44/50 however should be a good amount of UMS marks.

ReputationRep:
    last year i got overall 304/400 - B
    History 1 - 90/100 - a
    History 2 - 72/100 - b
    History 3 - 94/120 - b
    History 4 - 48/80 - c

I've retaken the coursework, History 4, and now achiever 39/50 raw marks. Does anyone know if that'd bump up my overall UMS by the 16 marks required to achieve an A grade? cheeers

(Original post by Sceptic)
    lI've retaken the coursework, History 4, and now achiever 39/50 raw marks. Does anyone know if that'd bump up my overall UMS by the 16 marks required to achieve an A grade? cheeers
    Unfortunately you won't now until your results come out and it is converted to UMS. Sorry!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.