Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting University in September, my first years tuition fees are going to be £3500 (ish). I just wondered whether in the second and third year, I will have to pay up to £9000 (depending on what the University decides to do ofc)?

I've asked some people and they say that if I start this year, my fees won't go up? They will stay capped at the current figure?

ReputationRep:
    No your fees won't go up, the £9000 fees will affect people STARTING in 2012.
    The fees do increase slightly every year, but not a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think they will stay at the same rate as your first year, that's what I've been told and what I hope. That's definitely how it used to work

ReputationRep:
    You will be paying the £3,290 tuition fees as you're stating in Spetember 2011. It will NOT increase as you enter your second or third year, you'll still be paying the same amount.

For people starting in 2012, their fees will be a max £9,000

ReputationRep:
    It won't increase to £6000-£9000, but I think it goes up with inflation, which is no more than £100 usually.

ReputationRep:
    No they won't go up. It's ONLY for new students starting academic year 2012

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdoovde1)
    For people starting in 2011, their fees will be a max £9,000
    I guess you mean 2012...

ReputationRep:
    They will go up by around £100 each year but not upto £9000.

ReputationRep:
    You will be paying the £3,290 tuition fees as you're stating in Spetember 2011. It will NOT increase as you enter your second or third year, you'll still be paying the same amount.

For people starting in 2011, their fees will be a max £9,000
    The fees are £3375 for 2011/12 not £3290.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmaattrriixx)
    I guess you mean 2012...
    woopsie made a typo

(Original post by flipshot)
    The fees are £3375 for 2011/12 not £3290.
    They increase every year slightly.

ReputationRep:

They increase every year slightly.
    I know they do, but you were stating that in 2011 they were £3290. The £3375 amount was announced months ago for 2011 fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    I know they do, but you were stating that in 2011 they were £3290. The £3375 amount was announced months ago for 2011 fees.
    OK calm down, no need to get all smart ass with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgeous)
    I'm starting University in September, my first years tuition fees are going to be £3500 (ish). I just wondered whether in the second and third year, I will have to pay up to £9000 (depending on what the University decides to do ofc)?

I've asked some people and they say that if I start this year, my fees won't go up? They will stay capped at the current figure?

To sum up what everyone's been saying, you will pay £3375 for every year of your course. The sum will only increase slightly each year to take inflation into account.

You would only have to pay up to £9000 a year if you were starting in 2012.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.